FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
This position is accountable for the provision of financial, management & regulatory reporting and analysis of AIAIM in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines.
What you will be doing Finance Governance and Control
Financial, Management & Regulatory Reporting
- Assist the Associate Director and Head of Finance to perform final review of AIAIM monthly management accounts and financial position as well as MAS returns to be in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Also responsible to assist Associate Director and Head of Finance for the preparation of the management report to the CEO, EXCO and Board on a periodically basis.
- Assist the Associate Director and Head of Finance to monitor and ensure Risk Based Capital (RBC) is in accordance to the MAS requirements.
- Assist the Associate Director and Head of Finance to monitor outsourced finance functions & ensure it is according to the MAS outsourcing guidelines.
- Responsible to develop and update Business Process Manuals (BPM) relating to the Finance Department according to ICFR and other internal control requirements (ISAE3402). To assist Associate Director and Head of Finance as the coordinator of ICFR and ensuring BPM for finance related functions are in place accordingly.
- Responsible to assist Associate Director and Head of Finance to develop and maintain finance related policies such as CAEP, ICFR, Materiality, Intercompany documentation etc with reference to the Investment Governance Framework and also Group guidelines.
Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Ensure finance operations activities such as monthly prepayments, accruals , and the related reports including MAS and audited accounts are completed by Group Financial Solution (GFS) under AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd (AIASS) on a timely basis and in accordance to the applicable accounting and regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Perform final review on GFS outputs and be accountable for all the deliverables. Monitor GFS service levels/KPI monthly.
- Prepare the relevant analysis and business information to support AIAIM's key stakeholder requirements for any ad-hoc requests.
- Review of tax/GST returns & other correspondence to/with IRAS and assist the Associate Director and Head of Finance for tax optimization and liaison with external tax consultants as well as Group Tax
- Assist Associate Director and Head of Finance in preparation of quarterly Board materials whereby applicable.
Capital Monitoring and Cash Management
- Support the Associate Director and Head of Finance in reviewing performance against budget/forecast plan and provide board and management with timely and accurate commentaries.
Finance Database and Dashboard
- Assist the Associate Director and Head of Finance with cash forecasting & "zero functional cash" management, annual cash budgeting, determination of dividend amounts and the associated AAMP approvals.
- Assist Head of Finance and Associate Director to build and maintain finance database and develop various management reporting dashboards.
- Working with IT to ensure seamless integration of finance database from various source systems on a frequent basis with latest available data.
- Continue to improvise the dashboards to be contemporaneous with regulatory and management reporting requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet financial reporting requirements and/or other projects.
- Prepare and update department BCP documentation to ensure that related BCP drills pertaining to systems etc are performed accordingly in collaboration with the Company BCM coordinator.
What you will have Education
- University Degree in Accountancy
- Internationally Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACCA, etc)
Specific Business Knowledge
- 12 + Years finance functions including reporting and analysis in a multi-national Financial Institution, and/or accounting and auditing experiences in a big-size accounting firm
- 3 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position
- Experience in asset management company and insurance industry is a must
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and principles
- Good knowledge in the preparation of management, financial and regulatory reports and analysis
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Knowledge of how the SAP Accounting System and Business Intelligence System work and designed, and familiar with using the systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications such as Power BI, MS Azure and preferably with python or SQL.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with local and group personnel at various levels.
- Good mentoring, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.