Provide financial accounting support to the Asia-Pacific (APAC) entities
- Prepare GL journals and manage the monthly financial close process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be responsible for balance sheet reconciliations (selected entities), including identification of booking errors and ensuring that all balances are supported appropriately.
- Prepare and review of legal entity financial accounts and assist in variance analysis.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the respective entities and ensure compliance with relevant financial reporting standards.
- Prepare periodic tax returns (e.g. GST, annual corporate tax computations), regulatory filings and related surveys, which are accurate, complaint with relevant regulatory/statutory requirements, and submitted on time.
- Assist with ad-hoc queries from business partners and other Group Finance teams based in Denver and London.
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and tax agents and provide support on queries.
Provide support for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in-region
- Generate payment batches and ensuring that payment details are correct before submitting for release.
- Create manual payments and ensuring that all relevant details are entered accurately.
- Monitor operating account cash balances to ensure adequate cash balances prior to making payments.
- Prepare AR journal entries on cash receipts.
- Assist with queries from the business on AP/AR matters.
Internal control and process improvement
- Establish, implement, review and update accounting and financial policies and procedures to ensure proper corporate governance.
- Identify and address existing gaps in internal controls and the financial reporting process.
- Assist process owners / relevant stakeholders in identifying risk and internal control for financial reporting.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with relevant stakeholders situated locally and across APAC, Denver, and London.
- Ensure local processes are aligned with Group processes, or otherwise well documented and supported with relevant approvals where divergence is necessary.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- All employee events including networking opportunities and social activities
Must have skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or ACCA
- Preferred CPA/CA qualified
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the Asset Management/Finance industry sectors and/or Big 4 accounting firms
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong eye for detail and be able to work productively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Independent and adaptable, with an ability to “think outside of the box”
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- A self-starter and fast learner who is able to multi-task
- Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues in-region, London, and Denver
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Japanese will be an advantage
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems preferred
- Knowledge of Pan Asian regulatory requirements (AU/JP/TW/CN) preferred
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
You will be expected to understand the regulatory obligations of the firm, and abide by the regulated entity requirements and JHI policies applicable for your role.
At Janus Henderson Investors we’re committed to an inclusive and supportive environment. We believe diversity improves results and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. Don’t worry if you don’t think you tick every box, we still want to hear from you! We understand everyone has different commitments and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we’re happy to be asked about work flexibility and our hybrid working environment. If you need any reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org