Senior Fund Accountant (Fund Accounting - Private Equity Funds)
Citco is a privately owned organisation providing specialised services to Private Equity and Real Estate firms, hedge funds, international financial institutions and high-net worth individuals. We are the leading administrator in the alternative funds space worldwide (with over US$900 billion of assets under administration) and one of the largest corporate fiduciary and administrative services companies.
We have over 75 years' experience in providing administration services to a diverse group of organisations, including those in the Real Assets and Private Equity sectors. Through our global network of 60 offices in 40 countries we assist clients with their administration and reporting requirements; we set-up and (co)manage holdings, administer corporate activities, and maintain the good legal standing of their companies. About the Role:
Your role will encompass the administration of and any services pursuant to Administration Agreements in respect of a portfolio of Private Equity funds working closely with the Supervisor and/or Assistant Vice President Job Duties in Brief:
- Maintaining books and records and calculating fund Net Asset Values, including
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub - ledgers
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements
- Prepare limited partner and general partner allocations
- Prepare trial balances and work paper product
- Process standard and complex bookkeeping entries
- Involved within a full scope of transaction activities including full cycle accounting
- Prepare financial data analysis
- Participate in the implementation of fund structures into the accounting system
- Calculating carried interest/performance/incentive fees;
- Processing payments and other transactions;
- Acting as a day-to-day contact with clients and other fund participants;
- Work closely with Supervisor/Assistant Vice President and the Investor Relations team to respond to investor queries and to disseminate capital activity and other investor notices;
- Act as a liaison with various internal/external parties i.e. auditors, legal counsel
- Participating in projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business;
- Identifying and escalating any material issues effecting service delivery to the Assistant Vice President;
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Assistant Vice President.
What We Offer:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting , Finance, Business related area and/or studying for a professional accounting qualification (ie. CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years' experience in accounting for the financial services sector, particularly Private Equity, Asset Management or Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of IFRS and / or USGAAP
- Experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledger and financial statements.
- Established knowledge in relation to accounting and consolidations under IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc).
- User experience with enterprise accounting system(s).
- Working knowledge of Investran highly desirable (or other Private Equity system e.g. E-Front)
- Experience in Limited Partnership accounting
- Private equity fund administration experience
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.