Our client is an independent fund administrator hailing from Bermuda, providing a comprehensive range of specialist fund administration solutions to established investment managers and those launching start-up funds. These onshore and offshore funds, comprise both traditional and alternative assets. As they have just set up their APAC office in Singapore, they are looking to grow their team by hiring a Senior Fund Accountant / Assistant Manager to cover both Hedge and Private Equity clients.
The general role will encompass all facets of financial reporting on a variety of hedge and private equity funds.
- Performing the administration of and any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of hedge and private equity funds
- Calculating Net Asset Values
- Prepare financial statements, and associated reports like footnotes and partner capital statements
- Prepare limited partner and general partner allocations
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- Prepare fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- Processing payments and other transactions
- Meeting expectations of fund participants, adhering to deadlines
- Maintaining relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks, brokers and auditors and other fund participants
- Assisting auditors and other fund participants and advisers
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area
- Preferably hold or studying for a professional accounting qualification
- 1-5 years' experience in a fund administration or buy-side firm
- Exposure to hedge or private equity funds would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and team-driven mindset