- Manages the IM Risk team for APAC.
- Responsible for the ongoing independent oversight of first line day-to-day operational risk management activities, including the first line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business' risk exposure for an assigned complex business line facing a moderate level of risk.
- Directs the oversight of, consultation on and challenge of first line risk management practices.
- Responsible for the integrity of IM's adherence to the Corporate Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Consults on the establishment of an enterprise-wide Corporate Operational Risk Management framework that consists of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RSCA) approach, Key Risk Indicators (KRI) identification and reporting, Corporate Operational Risk Event notification and reporting, High level Assessments (HLAs), Scenario Analysis and operational risk policies,, ensures policies are in compliance with regional regulations.
- Serves and administers the IM APAC Risk Management and Compliance Committees to ensure their effectiveness; facilitates and encourages informed and constructive debate on key issues.
- Contributes to the establishment of the IM APAC's risk appetite statements, in alignment with IM Global and Group Risk Appetite Statement, and application of and adherence to the operational risk framework, policies, processes, measures and limits.
- Monitors compliance and assigns routine monitoring responsibilities to professional staff.
- Develops routine reports on business unit compliance as required and delivers these to management and the Corporate Operational Risk Committee (OCR). Oversees the business' maintenance of effective RSCAs, KRIs, HLAs, Corporate Operational Risk Event notifications and reporting and scenario analyses (SA)consistent with the Corporate Operational Risk Management framework and provides challenge, as needed.
- Uses influence and negotiation skills to ensure the business' implementation of effective controls to address identified risks, ensure the establishment of effective mitigation processes and chains of ownership and impel positive change in risk management behaviors.
- Consults on standards for control assessments, advises on schedules for the reassessment of the control methodology and for non-routine assessments in the event of a change, identification of a potential adverse impact, new product offering, profit loss or adverse audit or examiner finding.
- Escalates serious instances of risk management resistance to senior management.
- Directs an operational risk management team that actively collaborates with all business CROs to manage and mitigate areas of operational risk that might arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or external events.
- Directs the team's completion of scenario analyses using qualitative and quantitative guidelines and assists with scenario analysis workshops for the assigned business lines. Contributes to efforts to develop a strong operational risk culture and further develop the function's effectiveness as a second line of defense for the assigned business unit.
- Builds relationships with roles in Risk Management, Compliance and Audit as well as roles in the assigned business lines to drive the timely completion of operational risk related deliverables, issue resolution and operational loss estimation and remediation.
- Directs the team's production of solutions and escalates issues to the Head of Operational Risk Management for IM, APAC Head of IM Risk and Compliance and business unit leadership when risk exposure is deemed to be increasing. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops professional staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their
- professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Provides feedback at the most critical times.
- May assist with the identification and development of talent to ensure appropriate succession planning.
- Ensures teams are equipped to operationalize and attain multi-regional objectives.
- Ensures appropriate financial and human resource allocation. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.