About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To provide legal support on a transactional basis to CIB in connection with the following business areas and regions ("Geographic Responsibilities"):
- Business Areas - Asia
- Client Coverage - Asia
- Corporate Affairs - Asia
- Country Projects - Asia
- Disputes - Asia
- Global Sourcing - Asia
- Group Special Asset Management - Asia
- Human Resources - Asia
- Legal Group Level - Asia
- Lending - Asia
- Transaction Banking - Asia
- To advise the Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking business with a focus on the Client Coverage relationship manager teams, in providing legal support to their activities to grow the business and revenue in facilitating all aspects of servicing a corporate/institutional client.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide legal support to Client Coverage for lending, sustainable finance, cash and transaction banking, distressed assets, custody, fintech partnerships, cross border transactions, technology and investment projects and working closely with CCIB product legal teams for corporate finance, financial markets and debt capital markets.
- Supporting Compliance in regulatory matters relating to Client Coverage and risk/incident management.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Legal and Compliance network
- CIB/CB product specialists, sales staff and relationship managers
- Documentation units
- Distressed Assets
- CIB/CB management
- Credit officers
- Internal Audit
Our Ideal Candidate
- External auditors
- Legal officers in peer financial institutions
- Law firms
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Educational background to degree level
- Qualified Lawyer of over 15+ years PQE
- Proven legal experience in general commercial banking, including lending, trade finance and cash management
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations in the regions where relevant business is conducted (useful)
- Strong analytical and innovative legal skills
- Good judgment
- Personal authority and integrity
- Independence and resilience
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Mandarin Chinese skills to manage deals in China/HK/Taiwan market
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Banking/Financing Law
- Insolvency Law
- Contract Law
- Tort Law
- Trusts Law
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers