- Working as part of the Singapore Wealth Management Operations (WMO) team to provide end-to- end governance of Operational processes covering WM products of GBS and WMO hubs. The incumbent will work with key stakeholders across Corporate actions, Settlements, Asset Transfers, Account Maintenance, Tax Operations, Balance Sheet Substantiation, Nostro, Sundry & Suspense Reconciliation and support Country / Group related Projects and Process enhancements.
- Manage and support WMO's stakeholders including CMPS, Product, GBS hubs in KL & India, Contact Centre & Client experience teams, Compliance, Finance, Regulators and auditors.
Weekly Management Reporting:
Project & Issue Management
- The job holder will assist in the collation, preparation and submission of weekly & Monthly Key MIS and Project updates to Management.
People & Talent
- The job holder will be responsible for any assigned Project management & implementation activities.
- Manage & develop a team of 7 staff to attain high levels of competence in product and process knowledge.
TP System Account Ownership & Balance Substantiation -
- Support the Account owner for all FM balances for Singapore including validation & attestation of all relevant Sundry and Suspense accounts against FM TPSS (Transaction Processing Settlement systems) on a daily and monthly basis.
- Support the automation of account reconciliation.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- The job holder will assist in the monitoring, escalation and resolution of significant Nostro , Suspense & Suspense breaks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles:
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Outsourcing Service Providers including GBS India, KL, HK & SG hubs.
- Regulatory Compliance Teams.
- BRMs and TPRM teams
- WM COO Leads.
- CMPS & Product Leads.
- Country Finance & Group R2R teams.
- Auditors - External & Internal
Role Specific Competencies
- 6+ years of banking experience, specifically within Singapore Wealth Management Operations (WMO)
- Any Diploma or Graduate Degree from a recognized University
- End-to-End governance of Operational processes covering WM products of GBS and WMO hubs
- Coordination with key stakeholders across Corporate actions, Settlements, Asset Transfers, Account Maintenance, Tax Operations, Balance Sheet Substantiation, Nostro, Sundry & Suspense Reconciliation and support Country / Group related Projects and Process enhancements
- High proficiency in Project management & implementation activities
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Product Knowledge of Capital market products including OTC Derivatives, Securities, Unit Trusts and Structured Notes.
- Experience with managing small teams of 5-7 persons
- Balance Substantiation and Breaks Management
- Outsourcing Governance and Periodic risk reviews & SRM
- Regulatory Compliance
- Client Servicing
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers