- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Balance Sheet Analytics
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Balance Sheet AnalyticsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Group Financial Planning and Analytics ("Group FP&A") and Treasury to forecast, monitor, optimise and influence the shape of the overall Group balance sheet in strategic planning forums and senior management discussions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver insightful analytics on balance sheet, net interest margins ("NIM") and Risk-Weighted Assets ("RWA") to senior management forums, such as OBSC, GALCO and Group MT
- Work closely with Group Finance, Treasury, Risk and Business / Country Finance on balance sheet, net interest margin ("NIM") and Risk-Weighted Asset ("RWA") forecasts, budget and forward plans, providing leadership for all processes:
- Analyse performance trends, review and challenge projections to influence Group outcome
- Drive standardised process for Group / Country / Product / Segment views
- Align central business forecasts / budget / five-year corporate plans with regional / country teams to eliminate gaps
- Build strong network of contacts across Finance and Treasury
- Track and monitor Group, Solo, Business and Country balance sheet KPIs to assess performance against business and country forecasts.
- Provide business-specific expertise and inputs on corporate planning and capital planning exercises conducted with Group FP&A and Treasury with respect to balance sheet and RWA
- Track and monitor the balance sheet impact of corporate optimisation projects (e.g. legal entity structure changes), regulatory reforms (e.g Basel III / IV), changes in risk and/or regulatory models, changes in accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 16) and factoring them into balance sheet forecasts.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information to find insights that are relevant and impactful for management
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
- Excellent communication, PowerPoint and excel skills. Ability to present clear outputs, supported by a good eye for details
- Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness, able to build relationships with internal stakeholders across departments and time zones
- Keen learner profile with an interest in banking and the markets we operate in
- At least 8 years of experience in banking, financial services or management/risk consulting.
- Experience of balance sheet management in Finance, front-office, treasury, regulatory reporting, or risk is preferred
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines
- Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution. Qualification towards CFA or equivalent will be considered positively
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.