About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
To establish and use financial management information to achieve the strategy and goals of CPBB Asia business by:
- delivering relevant and consistent accounting and management information together with the right analytical insights to help the Management in their decision making as well as understanding the factual financial position
- delivering accurate interpretation of customer and product profitability
- analysing information for evaluating business performance and supporting forecasting, planning and strategy reviews
- updating the Management on the overall scorecard performance
Support the CPBB Finance and Group Finance team in London with the right messages for monthly performance reviews with Group MT and for the external events viz. Investor Meetings, Analyst Trips, Half & Full Year reviews, etc. Strategy
- Understand the changing data requirement landscape to ensure data consumption is forward looking and adequately planned
- Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends
- Manage the MIS reports which are used by the Head CPBB Asia, CPBB CEO, CFO, MTs & regions in the monthly country reviews.
- Ability to work on translating data heavy financial information to compact and visually impactful PowerPoint slides for executive level reviews
- Support the efforts of the business segments to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakeholders with MI
- Exercise tight control and checks on financial numbers especially with reference to planning processes - work with multiple stakeholders to ensure integrity and control over budget loads with appropriate understanding of underlying drivers
- Review and challenge assumptions of plans as reflected in the Business Plans/ Programs
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
- Partner with business in driving MIS simplification, standardization and automation.
- Provide market intelligence on key competitors' performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
- Assist in reviews of Investment Project Execution Document and quarterly Benefits attestation
People and Talent
- Partner with GFS, Finance at Group, Region and Country levels to ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance for Retail Banking in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure MI requirements are relevant and to improve overall efficiency and productivity with GFS
- Partner with GFS to bring simplification, standardisation and automation in the reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to network and build strategic partnerships with business, operations, change and technology teams
- Mentor and support the development of junior GFS team members to perform their roles in a better manner
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and own the process output performance.
- Operate 1st line responsibilities of process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators in MI packs by working closely with GFS
- Ensuring GFS service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements through monthly Service Review Meetings
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CPBB Asia LT
- CPBB Finance LT
- Group FP&A, Strategy and investor relations team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 10 years of work experience in the Banking industry, preferably in the area of Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Working knowledge of Retail Banking and Wealth Management products
- Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
- Advanced or expert skills to prepare presentations for senior managements - ability to translate complex financial information to visually impactful representations for executive level reviews
- Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
- Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.