About the Role
- Contribute to the successful growth of ANZ's Global Corporate Advisory business
- Part of Corporate Finance Division, Institutional Banking
- Role reporting to the Head of Corporate Advisory Asia
Role Location: ANZ Singapore
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a Senior Manager for Corporate Advisory, you will be supporting the origination and execution of profitable and franchise enhancing cross-border M&A transactions and strategic advisory services to clients with particular emphasis to the Australia Market and the cross-border Australia/New Zealand and International Market. Your role as a Senior Manager provides expert support in the areas of financial modelling, industry analysis and project management. You will be working closely with ANZ's Corporate Advisory business in Australia and contribute to relevant Australian Advisory transactions. Your role will work collaboratively with peers and other Relationship and Product teams across the bank to maximise the M&A team's origination and execution success. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Background in Investment Banking, Capital Markets, or a Corporate Finance related role.
- Experience in M&A is required, including from within the Australian market. Established experience in cross-border M&A transactions, especially between Asia and Australia/New Zealand, as well as other key ANZ markets in the region.
- Strong Experience/Sector knowledge and an interest in the resources, consumer and general industrials sector is highly desirable.
- Expertise and experience in the renewables (wind, solar etc.) sector is required, and a strong understanding of the Australian renewable energy sector will be a plus.
- Experience in the broader infrastructure sectors in terms of M&A as well as financing would be highly preferred, especially in geographies such as Australia and Southeast Asia.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate finance and accounting, as well as understanding of legal and tax aspects related to M&A transactions.
- Familiarity with tools and databases such as Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, Wood Mackenzie, Inframation etc.
- Very strong financial modelling/valuation and analytical skills, including DCF (discounted cash flows), LBO (leveraged buyouts), EPS (earnings per share), trading comps, precedent transactions, accretion/dilution, value creation analysis, three-statement models, and combined pro forma model.
- An understanding of the valuation drivers of Australian renewable energy assets as well as project financing parameters would be favourable
- Experience in managing the day-to-day execution and knowledge of the different types of M&A processes (sell-side, buy-side, structured transactions, fairness opinions/IFAs).
- Bachelors' degree in a relevant field (i.e., Finance, Commerce, Law, Engineering); MBA is not required but would be highly regarded, along with any additional qualifications such as chartered accounting, CFA, etc.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential and fluency in a Southeast Asian language/s is an advantage as this role will be engaging customers across Asia base customers.
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner. Experience in dealing with clients across different geographies, cultures, and sectors.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste, and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace - it's all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 11487. Job Posting End Date
5 June 2022, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)