FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
AIA's ODD process seeks to uncover potential business, fund, and operational risks of external Investment Managers and Funds that we allocate capital to, including long only equity and fixed income, private equity, private credit, venture capital and real estate. As a member of the team, the Senior Manager will gain exposure to AIA's asset class coverage and play an active role in conducting meetings with external Investment Managers and Funds, engaging with third-party Service Providers, and analyzing key data and documents (e.g., background checks, legal documents, financial reports, etc.). The Senior Manager will work with the Head of ODD as well as the ODD Service Provider to synthesize findings from the operational due diligence process to identify potential business, fund and operational risks (including fraud, ESG risks and conflicts of interest). These findings are summarized into an ODD report which is presented to our Investment Teams as part of the overall due diligence process.
What you will doing
- Review of external Investment Managers and Funds using a priority based approach decided by the Head of ODD
- Undertaking the work and delivering ODD reports in relation to both; the initial review of potential new external Investment Managers and Funds, and the on-going monitoring of existing ones. Areas include:
- Perform reviews of relevant financial, legal and operational documentation
- Participate in operational due diligence meetings with key non-investment professionals (e.g., CFO, CCO, COO)
- Draft ODD reports summarizing potential business, fund, and operational risks
- Collaborate with ODD team members and other internal teams to discuss findings
- Work with the ODD Service Provider to keep the ODD data attributes up to date
- Work with the Background Check Firms to conduct reviews on relevant entities and personnel
- Work with internal Functional Heads when expertise is needed (i.e., IT for Cybersecurity, Legal for PPM Review, etc)
- Contributing to our approach to ODD and development of our policies and procedures, including current processes
- Helping colleagues understand the importance of ODD issues in the context of the investment universe.
- Contributing to the ODD framework to reflect best practice and capturing key industry topics e.g. ESG
What you will have
- 7-10 years of Risk Management/Compliance/Audit or Operational Due Diligence
- Strong understanding of private and public investment markets and end to end investment processes across front and back office.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Project and change management experience.
- Independent and strong self-initiative.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.