Funding Societies " Modalku
is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors. And here at Funding Societies " Modalku we live by our core values:
- Serve with Obsession: Build win-win relationships for the long-term by having a customer obsession.
- Grow Relentlessly: Strive to become our best, most authentic selves.
- Enable Teamwork, Disable Politics: Only by forging togetherness, we help each other succeed.
- Test Measure Act: Stay curious and reinvent ourselves, through innovation and experimentation.
- Focus on Impact: Create impact through bias for action and tangible results.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Investor will be leading the Strategic Investor function with a strong focus on improving the company's capital position by raising debt across the following channels: Accredited Investors (AI), High Net Worth Individuals (HNW), Family Offices (FO) and DeFi (Decentralized Finance on secure distributed ledgers). The Strategic Investor Director will work closely with the Capital Markets Director (who is looking after the bank and Hedge Fund segments) and the CFO.
A successful candidate should demonstrate team leadership and fit with our cultural values. Your biggest role will be to develop and execute the company's funding strategy and planning in the AI and HNW segment. Together with in-country investor teams, you will be directly involved in AI/HNW/FO debt raising activities (long- and short-term debt, across different). You will actively improve the teams understanding and performance of raising debt from AI/HNW/FO. What you will do:
Requirements What we are looking for:
- Manage and act as the primary face to the market in the identification and approach to AI/HNW/FO; including identification of overseas funding sources and developing the materials
- Build on relationships with existing investors, and submitting further applications for funding
- Manage relationships with all relevant parties in the strategic investor network (lenders, brokers investors, trustees, lawyers etc.) and prepare loan proposals and credit monitoring data for various debt instruments
- Use external and market benchmarks to measure performance
- Improve the team's performance by leading by example and on the job training. Organize sales summits to improve overall capability of local debt raise teams
- Manage due diligence requests from prospective investors, research and gather necessary information and prepare a comprehensive response
You will shine in this job if you are/have:
- You bring in 6-8 years' relevant experience in the AI/HNW/FO field, ideally in a financial institution or FO. Experience with/in investment banking will be a plus
- You have a well-developed understanding of structured finance, debt, bonds, derivatives, multi- currency, forex and international funds flows, in particular the Asia Pacific jurisdiction and cross border regulations relating to debt fundraising
- You understand the foundations of tax, legal, accounting as it pertains to debt markets structuring and execution
- You have above par communication and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy financial & legal terms negotiation and have experience with it
- You have the ability to drive and implement insights and change in a challenging start-up environment
- You are analytical, curious & business focused
- You are a collaborator, able to partner with internal stakeholders and external partners
- You bring in demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Time off - We would love you to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer flexible paid vacations as well as many other observed holidays by country. We also like to have our people take a day off for special days like birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Flexible Working - We believe in giving back the control of work & life to our people. We trust our people and love to provide the space to accommodate each and everyone's working style and personal life.
- Medical Benefits - We offer health insurance coverage for our employees and dependents. Our people focus on our mission knowing we have their back for their loved ones too.
- Mental Health and Wellness - We understand that our team productivity is directly linked to our mental and physical health. Hence we have Wellness Wednesdays and we engage partners to provide well-being coaching. And we have our Great FSMK Workout sessions too to keep everyone healthy and fit!
- Learning & Development - We believe learning should never end and we support everyone with self-learning L&D allowances.
- Tech Support - We provide a company laptop for our employees and the best possible support for the right equipment/tools to enable high productivity