Senior Portfolio Finance Manager, ICS TRP
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This a pivotal role in the Information and Cyber Security Transformation and Remediation Portfolio ("ICS TRP") reporting to the Portfolio Director, ICS TRP.
The ICS TRP is a critical portfolio for the Bank, it brings together all material ICS improvement activities, prioritises ICS investments to maximise risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance obligations and minimising client impact. The scope of ICS TRP covers a significant number of programmes and projects across most areas of the Bank. These projects are high priority to meet the Bank's and regulators' key priorities and to protect customers and staff.
The role is strategically placed to work with the Portfolio Director, key stakeholders and management across the various programmes and projects to:
- Ensure efficient and effective financial, cost and vendor management and strategy
- Oversee resource management
- Comply with internal/external finance and resource reporting requirement
- Respond to internal/external queries of a finance or resource utilisation nature
- Manage and coordinate monthly reporting, budgeting and re-forecast processes
- Facilitate timely and accurate financial posting, reviews and reporting
- Establish world-class financial management practices across ICS TRP
- D evelop procedures and tools to support finance and resource management and reporting tasks
- Uphold the Bank's Project Management Standards ("PMS") and System Delivery Framework ("SDF") procedures and the team's Portfolio Management Plan
- Assist with the s etup of ICS programmes and projects for success - ensure funding, resource commitment, mobilisation, planning and governance are established
- Facilitate End to End execution (scoping, delivery and follow up on remediation actions) through close co-ordination with all stakeholders across group, region and country teams
- Ensure end product and artefacts delivered are of sufficient quality and accuracy fit for regulatory consumption
- Establish communication channels and information flows management, various first and second-line teams mobilised to deliver ICS requirements
- Work in close partnership with Finance and PMO team to produce timely and accurate financial numbers
People and Talent
- Drive the continuous improvement of the financial management practices
- Provide proactive self-orienting and self-motivating leadership, and work with limited direction
- Provide strong leadership, management and coaching
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations, and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Support the management of the programme and project professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken
- Drive the adoption of "lessons learnt" across ICS regulatory programmes, driving consistency and efficiency
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to appropriate committees
- Ensure appropriate oversight and facilitate resolution of high impact risk and issues.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Accountable Executive and Portfolio Director, ICS TRP
- Chief Information Security Risk Office (CISRO)
- Cyber Security Services and Security Technology Services
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Trust, Data and Automation MT and directs
- Finance Business Partners
- Proven finance management abilities with a strong understanding of the intricacies of the financial, invoicing, accruals etc processes
- Attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability to turn around time sensitive numbers and reports with accuracy
- Change and programme experience, ideally gained in the financial industry
- Recognised qualifications/certifications in PMO, Project and/or Change Management
- Knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and relevant policies, procedures, and processes
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .