About the Role
The role is for a Project Manager to implementation of our business, technical and integration projects. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the projects from initial client engagement to go-live. The scope of such engagements will be projects with external customers located in APAC. This position requires expertise in on-boarding new customers, strong project management skills as well as affinity for the management of technical projects with external clients.
The primary objectives for the Project Manager will be to monitor & report on projects, review deviations (customer requirements, timelines, cost and quality) and escalate as appropriate to meet both SWIFT & customer's expectations, coordinate corrective actions; improve/automate processes to do so. What to expect
What will make you successful:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the project team and the client.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project; determine the time required to complete the project and develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review the project schedule with management and all other stakeholders that will be affected by the project activities (including the client); revise the schedule as required.
- Lead the design, testing, planning, and implementation of multiple complex projects.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Conduct scheduled project oversight meetings with the client and other stakeholders; constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluate alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Prioritize own and team's work. Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Ensure open communication with the project team. Address delicate situations and handle conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Understand how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Provide pre-sales assistance and coordinate involvement of subject matter experts for more complex projects scoping; improve processes to minimize efforts and reduce lead time to produce proposals
- 10-15 years' experience in project management, especially from financial services
- With 3-5 years in a consultation role will be great asset
- Management of Technical and Integration project experience preferred
- PMP Project Management certification
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including MS Project
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Agile methods and tools experience is preferred
- Proven experience in people and/or project management
- Strong customer focus with strong networking and interpersonal abilities
- Previous (technical) knowledge and experience with SWIFT's Products and Services is an asset
- Excellent analytical, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Fluent in English and other Asia Language is a plus
- Must be willing to travel (domestically and internationally), when travel restriction are uplifted.
To learn the team better, you may review some of the team members LinkedIn profiles :
Barrett Chong - APAC & MEAISC Head of Services, Customer Experience
Cecelia Vallance - Project Management Practice Manager
Derek Ka - Project Director What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.