Senior Project Manager / ScrumMaster
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities On Standard Projects, responsible for:
On Agile Projects, responsible for:
- Managing the end to end project plan, coordinating activities across all resources necessary to deliver the Project including change management activities; within budget and time constraints
- Managing the Project Management Standards (PMS) Assurance framework for the Project, complying with the Project Governance Policy and the Project Management Standards, and ensuring staff working on the Project are aware and complying.
- Setup of the PSC and Preparing quality PSC materials (ToR, Packs, Minutes etc.).
- Compliance with the SDF Control Framework.
- Managing the day-to-day running of the Project and execution against the PMP.
- Mitigating and resolving risks and issues which may impair delivery.
- Reporting RAG status to PGCs/FORCs.
- Ensuring Clarity is up to date including Project static data, status update including RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts, and they are tracked & reported to the PSC. - Ensuring that all submissions to committees (PED, Red packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
- Delivering the Project's products and processes into BAU.
- Implementing Project closure procedure. - Performing a matrix manager role for relevant Project staff and providing feedback into their P3.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensuring the Project Management Standards and SDF Agile framework are followed, educating and coaching the Agile Delivery Team and stakeholders on Scrum/Agile principles
- Facilitating Agile team events to ensure regular progress
- Helping the product owner to arrange and manage the Backlog to maximise value
- Helping the development team avoid or remove impediments to progress / Mitigating and resolving risks and issues which may impair delivery.
- Support the product owner to ensure Clarity is up to date including Agile Delivery static data, status update including RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts, and they are tracked & reported to the PgSC.
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees (AED, Red packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports etc.) are of the right quality and are timely.
- Implementing Project closure procedures.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PMP Certified
- Scrum Master
- Effective interpersonal, communication skills to articulate at different levels of organisation hierarchy
- Strong relationship management experience with influencing and negotiation skills.
- Creative mind - be able to suggest ideas and drive innovation
- Able to understand the big picture and the details
- Able to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance
- Good communication skills - oral and written.
- Strong organizational, time management and administration skills
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Strong financial management and commercial acumen
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .