The Role Responsibilities
- Business Banking ("BB") within Standard Chartered Bank aims to provide companies with turnover of up to US$50mio in Singapore a suite of product that meets their financing requirements.
- As a Relationship Manager, in addition to providing team support to your counterparts, you will be expected to actively develop the accounts within your own portfolio to meet and exceed quarterly sales targets as stipulated in the "Quarterly Scorecard" as well as ensure that relationships managed by yourself consistently comment on how amazing your service is.
Candidate must have, or be prepared to quickly demonstrate a keen understanding of:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- all the products available to the clients, including all cash management, loans, trade, investments, insurance, and hedging solutions;
- an ability to recommend and place the appropriate product to maximize the clients affinity to the bank;
- an ability to structure, articulate, and recommend alternative structures in the products above within cash and credit programs;
- how to appropriate price products and recommend adjustments based on credit and other risks;
- the relationships that you manage and positioning of those businesses that allow them to generate consistent profits
- an ability to place the full range of products across at least 20% of your customers.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- SME NTB Clients, Internal Stakeholders like Priority RMs, Branch BSSM, Trade team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ Years of experience in sales & relationship management in the SME or Corporate Banking Space.
- Familiar with customer due diligence processes including FATCA adherence.
- Knowledge of competitive environment in order to position Bank's products appropriately.
- Familiar with basic mortgage financing principles including TDSR framework and applications.
- Familiar with basic working capital financing cycle and products for operating entities
- Keen negotiation and closing skills
- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
- Knowledge of organizational strategies, tools and techniques for understanding the needs of customers; ability to utilize these to create additional sales.
About Standard Chartered
- Familiar customer due diligence processes including FATCA and CRS adherence.
- Familiar with working capital financing cycle and products for operating entities.
- Familiar with basic working capital financing cycle and products for operating entities.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers