About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities
The XVA and Prime Services (PS) Market Risk team is seeking a Prime Services and XVA Senior Risk Analyst. The team is within the Traded Risk Management (TRM) function. The primary responsibility of this role is to contribute and develop market risk functionalities for the management of Prime Services and XVA market and counterparty credit risks.
Financial Markets Prime Services offers credit intermediation between a client and either a dealer or an exchange. Although largely flat in market risk, PS does face credit risk against its clients and dealers or exchanges, against which PS collects collateral daily. PS transactions are margined according to credit terms approved by the business and the leading credit officer for the client, and it is TRM's responsibility to have daily oversight of the Initial Margin ("IM") requirements and IM calls as part of 2LoD responsibilities.
The role requires capability to understand, design and deliver risk management solutions and improvements covering the PS and XVA business to work closely with key stakeholders, including Traders, PS In-Business Risk team, Technology and risk managers from TRM and Funds Risk segments. Key Roles & Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Preparation and analysis of the daily PS and XVA risk report against established limits management action triggers and thresholds, including daily stress testing
- Preparation of MIS reports to senior management on key XVA and Prime Services risks
- Prototyping and development of market risk tools (eg. via Excel or Active Pivot) to support on-going enhancements for the reporting and analysis of XVA and Prime Services risks.
- Participating in the design, requirements specification, and user acceptance test of the XVA and Prime Services risk infrastructure
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CCR and Funds Risk
- Prime Services In-Business Risk - 1LoD
- Technology (Risk and Business)
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- One plus years of experience in banking and financial service industry with exposure on market risk or credit risk related role
- Degree in a computational/quantitative/business discipline.
- Good understanding of financial products and models with grasp of market and credit risk concepts.
- Proficient in excel and programming skills
- Capability of working independently taking a hands-on practical approach to solve problems.
- Good communication skills required to engage diverse team of stakeholders.
- Risk Management - Counterparty Credit Risk
- Risk Management - Market Risk
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers