Overview Compliance Testing- Vice President Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Independently contributes to the delivery of the Compliance Testing Program. Leads reviews independently and is able to conduct file reviews of others.
- Responsible for review and acceptance of business unit Compliance Testing Actions aimed to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements.
- Develops compliance testing reports and Management Information.
- Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made. Analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to ensure the assigned business is in compliance with current requirements.
- May assign analysis activities to more junior Compliance Testing Officers. Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analyzes control processes to ensure they are compliant with all applicable laws, rules and regulations Validates the appropriateness of control processes or guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
- May provide guidance to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies. Maintains strong working relationships senior business unit managers in order ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favourable conditions for compliance activities.
- Helps prepare risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps. May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively.
- Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management. No direct reports- provides guidance to more junior team members, as needed. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Business or Finance degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.