- As a subject matter expert, helps ensure that global control teams create a sound control environment and the control standards, risk management systems, and training for staff meet the needs of the business along with those of clients.
- Leads the most complex projects/analyses and may assign work to other team members. Often specializes in a particular control discipline such as Business Recovery Planning, System / User Access Reviews, Quality Control, or Knowledge Source. Leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses.
- Coordinates with global teams to ensure proper control and risk management systems are in place throughout the business. Ensures that location specific regulatory standards are incorporated into control measures. Operating with a high degree of independence, implements programs that improve internal controls to keep up with regulations and corporate standards.
- Works directly with assigned business unit to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk. May recommend changes to improve risk and control profile. Designs and delivers risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed.
- Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures. Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses. Anticipates and investigates technology and market trends areas that may become future risks to the business and creates controls to mitigate them before they appear. Assists management in the delegation of work. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines.
- Responsibilities are usually specialized and often have broader impact beyond the business/segment/region they are assigned to advise. Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.