A Senior System Engineer (contract) job has become available at a company with a strong market position.
About the Senior System Engineer (contract) Role:
In this role, you will provide consultancy, technical support and coordinate with customers for testing and certification of new releases in the customer lab prior to deployment to production.
- Responds to customer queries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Hands-on systems administration, hardware configuration activities, and software installation and deployment activities
- Coordinate activities with internal business, development, QA and operation group for the deployment and new hardware and software
- Use various operation systems and utilities to verify correct system operation
- Recommend and follow up on remedial actions to correct problems
To succeed in this Senior System Engineer (contract) role, you must have five years of experience in both Linux/UNIX and Windows.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff, both within IT and business units
- Strong documentation skills (using MS Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced scripting skills (bash, Perl and/or Python)
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP and DNS
- Storage configuration skills using standard Linux tools (disk partitioning, RAID configuration)
- Knowledge of Windows Desktops (Windows 10)
- Familiarity with ESX VMware virtualisation is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, engineering or science
- Minimum of five years of practical work experience in Linux/ UNIX administration experience, Windows OS, Network protocols and routing, some knowledge in network security is an advantage
- Experience managing high frequency, low latency trading systems is a plus
- Experience working in a financial services environment is an advantage.
This company has a strong market position and is offering a great package.
If you are keen to work in a dynamic rewarding environment Senior System Engineer (contract) is the right opportunity for you.
Please apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660884 Irina Kotenko