About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
The Network and Security Architecture team is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud Security to provide guidance and implementation skills for securing our cloud environments. This is a hands-on role utilizing deep understanding of AWS and Azure/M365, in addition to design and implementation skills for a successful candidate. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and project and operations delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Enhance cloud security posture and contribute developing cloud-based security solutions.
- Investigate new technologies and approaches and make improvement recommendations.
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards and procedures on cloud providers and cloud native platforms.
- Provide patterns for DevOps teams to securely implement Wellington standards.
- Provide insight on ways to apply cloud security technology and methodology more efficiently.
- Proactively work and collaborate closely with broader Infrastructure and Cyber Security team on delivering cyber security related projects and smoot operations.
- Provide cloud expertise to APAC regional infrastructure and development teams.
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls.
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking and act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management.
- Degree/Diploma and/or 5+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present at both technical and business level. Ability to communicate across various regions, cultures and time-zones.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of AWS Cloud services with focus on cyber security.
- Azure AD and Cloud App Security or relevant identity and CASB experience.
- Automation mindset, manual workflows are anti-pattern.
- Understanding of broad technical security concepts, such are identity and access management, network security, security monitoring, encryption, data security…
- Strong understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps concepts and tools (GIT, CloudFormation, CI/CD)
- Scripting skills and experience: Python, PowerShell, Bash…
- Cyber security and cloud vendor certifications, such are CISSP, CCSP, AWS/Azure Security…
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .