Senior Test Lead
- $220 - $320k per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Space Executive Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 15S7496
- 23 May 19
The selected candidate is required to take on the Senior Tester role in an Agile devops environment. The purpose goes beyond just testing and logging bugs. It is more working as part of a development team and working closely with the product owner. They are expected to work with everyone in the team to improve and build quality into the product as early as possible. The tester should develop, execute and maintain automation test scripts, utilities, and data sets leveraging commercial and/or open source tools - Java, Selenium, Jenkins/JBehave/XML/junit, Maven, JIRA, GITlab/Subversion and many other available DevOps toolchains.
Job Duties & responsibilities
include analyse, create and automate software projects functional performance requirements and creation of automation plans and test scripts.
- Devise test objectives, analyse requirements, develop test strategies and plans
- Create and execute automated tests, track defects and report results
- Responsible for end to end testing delivery for the applications in collaboration with other stakeholders and test leads of other interfacing systems.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders rather than relying entirely on written Specs
- Actively participate in inception, daily stand-ups and retrospective meeting & represent testing
- Accurately evaluate and report test results, test progress, and product quality
- Work effectively to define testable user stories, acceptance criteria, with all stakeholders
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other team members
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Create acceptance tests that will be automated as part of each sprint
- Automate the testing in-sprint and during SIT using the right tool set – Licenced/Open source
- Ensure continuous integration for testing code and implement continuous testing
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues
- Manage testing environments and logistics for each test stage (SIT/UAT).
- Monitor the readiness of test environments (including interfaces and data setup) for each test stage.
- Looking for VP/SVP level candidate, with strong experience in QA and testing
- Expert in UI test automation tools (Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, Appium or similar)
- Strong expereince in API testing (using SoapUI, JUnit, Karate, Postman or similar)
- Expert in Microservices contract testing, Performance testing using JMeter
- Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- Extensive Hands-on experience in continuous Integration (CI) pipelines using Jenkins and git lab and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA
- Experience in continuous testing and BDD
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in testing for Big Data/Hadoop (optional)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge – able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies – Mainframe, web, Java/.Net.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Experience with Agile & Testing Tools like HPALM, UFT, JIRA, Confluence would be an advantage
- Familiar with open source testing frameworks
- Experience with VB scripting, REST and MS Excel scripting would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing test automation based on BDD
- Experience of working on agile projects and deliveries
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates please share your latest resume or drop a note to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.