- Responsible for servicing Trade Services clients with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Duties include: processing & checking/releasing of all Import and Export L/C bill items, shipping documents, negotiation schedules, Export/Import Collections, B/L endorsements and prepare payments using respective in-house system independently in accordance with Trade Services standards.
- Handle departmental administrative duties, such as preparation of reports, reconciliation duties, UAT etc.
- Create/release transactions in TradeWorks system include but not limited to LC Advising, LC Issuance, create presentation activities, stage payment, etc.
- Check import/export bills documents and apply knowledge of commercial law/government regulations, e.g. OFAC, UCP600, URC 522
- Identify/implement process improvement opportunities
- Assist Team Leader / Manager with training new or existing staff on new products or procedures
- Require full working knowledge of complex L/C structure, documentation, governing rules, standard and regulations, internal policies & credit risk
- Accountable for upholding company vision and values statement
- Identify and raise risk, control etc. issues in a responsible and timely manner
- Liaise and collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth facilitation of transactions
- Ensure customer satisfaction and needs are consistently met such as strict adherence on internal turnaround times, quality etc.
- College degree or above with a minimum of 2 years' experience in bills checking/LC processing preferred
- Hands on experience in MS Words & Excel
- Exposure in computerised banking facilities
- Able to work on APAC country public holidays if fall on Mondays to Fridays
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good team player and willing to learn
- Fresh graduate or less experience will be considered as Trade Operation Specialist.
OFAC - Office of Foreign Assets Control
UCP - The Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits
URR - Uniform Rules for Bank-to-Bank Reimbursements under Documentary Credits
URC - Uniform Rules for Collections
CDCS - Certified Documentary Credit Specialist
AML - Anti-Money Laundering
BSA - Bank Secrecy Act We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.