Senior Transfer Pricing Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
Business Transfer Pricing Design & Documentation
- Understand the Group's business strategy and model as well as tax strategy.
- Monitor and understand internal business and organizational developments and analyse the potential impact on the Group's Transfer Pricing framework.
- Monitor external developments on a supranational (OECD, UN, etc.), regional, and country level with regards to the international tax and transfer pricing regulatory framework and analyse the potential impact on the Group's Transfer Pricing framework.
Governance & Operations
- Partner with the Business and Functions teams to identify intra-group transactions and design transfer pricing approaches in accordance with the OECD Guidelines.
- Develop and maintain Transfer Pricing guidelines to set the arm's length pricing for intra-group transactions as well as to govern the implementation of financial accruals in the ledger.
- Prepare economic analyses and devise Transfer Pricing methodologies using internal and external data.
- Prepare documentation to support the arm's length price in the Transfer Pricing Guideline (Transfer Pricing Master File and specific Transfer Pricing Documentation Modules for each Transfer Pricing Guideline) and support Transfer Pricing Local File preparation.
- Ensure an appropriate legal framework is in place to cover financial allocation processes for intra-group transactions.
- Ensure all Transfer Pricing Guidelines are contemporaneous to the external transfer pricing environment and internal developments.
- Manage business and tax queries and challenges to the Transfer Pricing Guidelines.
- Collaborate with Country Tax / Finance teams to address tax and regulatory queries and audits related to transfer pricing.
- Initiate and manage Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) and Mutual Agreement Procedures (MAPs) to avoid or resolve transfer pricing disputes and double taxation.
People and Talent
- Monitor and where possible improve the efficiency and effectiveness of transfer pricing processes, including processes performed outside the Transfer Pricing team.
- Ensure effective processes and controls are in place for all transfer pricing processes.
- Ensure an appropriate audit trail is in place to substantiate all financial accruals and settlements advised by the Transfer Pricing team.
- Manage requests for dispensation from Transfer Pricing Guidelines.
- Assess, monitor and challenge country level reporting of transfer pricing risk.
- Lead through example and build a strong team culture and values.
- Provide coaching to new and less experienced team members and ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people.
- Provide training to the GFS outsourcing team based in India to continuously improve their performance.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating transfer pricing risks to the Group.
- Monitor transfer pricing exposures and risks, review provision levels at country and group level and ensure adequate provisions level in relation to the identified exposures and risks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- The global businesses and functions with intra-group transactions;
- The Country Finance teams responsible for meeting local financial reporting requirements;
- Country Tax teams, which need to include and defend the tax treatment for all intra-group transactions in their local tax returns;
- The Global and Country Finance teams that are responsible for implementing transfer pricing processes;
- Global Head, Tax (Tax Risk Control Owner);
- Group, Regional, Business and Functions CFOs/Financial Controllers/Heads of Finance;
- Group Compliance to clear all transfer pricing processes from a regulatory perspective;
- Group Legal to implement a legal framework covering all intra-group financial accruals and payments; and
- Technology & Innovation Finance.
- Graduate qualification in accounting, finance, business or economics. Advanced diploma or graduate degree in Tax, Finance or Business (e.g. Masters in Finance, MBA, MST, LLM).
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant post-qualification transfer pricing experience.
- In-house transfer pricing experience in a financial institution strictly required.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.