Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
- Responsible for underwriting activities and P&L responsibility for Marine Cargo and Freight Forwarders Liabilities.
- Responsible for managing UW relationship with intermediaries and business partners in the area of underwriting service delivery, product development and innovation
- Responsible for GWP Growth and underwriting profitability
- Ensure the ongoing personal technical development to achieve ideal DAL state
- Support the divisional underwriting function to actively manage talent (attract, recruit, develop and retain) to build people capability for the future succession planning
- Evaluate risk for new business & renewals in accordance with standards, to ensure profitable growth
- Actively keep abreast of market dynamics and demonstrate market cycle awareness to be able to operate effectively and appropriately
- Perform underwriting activities in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers, intermediaries and internal stakeholder.
- Build strong knowledge of current legislation, best practice, underwriting acceptance levels, systems and organizational guidelines
- Contribute to the development and implementation of channel strategic plans
- Motivate and develop the team by demonstrating good leadership behaviours and management best practice so as to support the achievement of business goals
- Provide senior technical and specialist product expertise to intermediary/clients on the range of products offered.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, specialist qualifications or equivalent
- 5+ years of underwriting experience
- Established customer/broker relationships
- Local market expertise
- Broad insurance industry knowledge
- Excellent understanding of class specific underwriting and development reinsurance knowledge
- Understanding of relevant market conditions
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.