Senior VP, Industrial - Automotive, Sector Solutions Group
Posting Date: 19 Sep 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Industrials, your responsibilities include the implementation and execution of sector-specific strategies, initiatives, and solutions in Industrials sector, specifically Automotives - China. You will be required to work with multiple stakeholders including Coverage Segments (Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Structured Trade and Commodities Finance (STCF) and Financial Institution Group), Product Partners and Credit Partners across UOB focused markets for growing and delivering financial and non-financial targets.
- Responsible for growing portfolio's cross-sell including Financial Supply Chain Management solutions and sustainable financing in Industrials, specifically Automotives sector.
- Responsible for driving pitches and to originate sector-led solutions / transactions with key corporate clients in Industrials sector.
- Leverage on industry insights and data analytics to define key industry developments leading to critical customer painpoints and new customer banking requirements for the sector.
- To refine client coverage, improve client penetration and design new products and solutions for clients in the Industrials sector.
- Lead and organized events such as industry networking events, workshops or seminars to generate raise UOB's profile in the Industrials sector and generate leads.
- Deepening sectoral (or sub-sector) knowledge and expertise in line with the objective of building UOB's reputation as the "go-to" regional Bank for the Industrials sector.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical subjects - Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, or any other concentration relevant to the sector.
- At least 15 years' banking experience covering the Industrials sector or in Corporate / Commercial Banking or Project Finance in Asia with substantive focus in the Automotives industry in China
- 8-12 years' business or commercial experience in the Industrials sector either in a treasury management or business development role.
- Strong grasp of Automotives industry trend and potential growth opportunities in China.
- Understanding of banking products such as Cash Management, Trade and Financial Supply Chain Management, Treasury and Hedging Solutions.
- Knowledge of sustainability or ESG developments in the Industrials sector.
- Good grasp and experience in ESG/Green Loans, Sustainability-Linked and Transition Financing.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party financing platforms such as Prime Revenue, Nexus, LiquidX, Bolero, DLT or SAP Ariba etc, will be an advantage
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.