Senior VP, Product & Domain Support Lead, GTO
Posting Date: 12-Feb-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: Unicom Data Bank Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Seeking an experienced hands-on, application support manager who will lead the Channels support team at UOB. The channels area includes mobile, online retail and corporate banking, payments and collections processing, CRM, branch support, digital banking and API systems.
- Will run day to day functional and business technology support including incident and problem management, root cause analysis while always looking for opportunities to improve processes and controls. The individual will have a strong desire to mentor and coach the teams they lead to continue increasing their organization's capabilities.
- Maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholder teams: business partners, development teams, infrastructure and information security. Expected to drive improvements through influence and strong relationships with managers in other teams, often who need to execute the changes.
- Lead by example especially in high pressure situations
- Stakeholder management of senior management teams from application, business, infrastructure, security, and operations
- Understanding of managing high volume, fault tolerant online and mobile platforms
- Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep, underlying issues
- Experience conducting change reviews and challenging existing thinking
Be a part of UOB Family
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience working in banking IT industry. Relevant domain knowledge in Channels delivery preferred
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or Six Sigma, Lean process methodologies
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
- Vendor and contract management
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, system backup and restoration methods
- Linux, Unix, Oracle P/SQL, Java, WebLogic, Splunk
- SWIFT and host-to-host file transfer mechanisms
- Experience in virtualization technologies/containers. Experience with cloud solution (provider less critical but AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud preferred)
Apply now and make a difference.