Asia IT & Operations Department - Overseas Business Systems Promotion
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
· Manage system implementation projects and ensure the completion of all processes and tasks as a project manager/program manager.
· Lead team members, consultants and vendors, when necessary, to complete all tasks as planned and as required.
· Manage programs and projects from a cross sectional/functional point of view to mitigate risks and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Coordinate and promote user tasks across different areas such as customer notification, migration and User Acceptance Test.
· Manage projects, which includes resolving issues, managing human resources/budgets/schedules, and prepare reports to Management and Head Office for approval if required.
· Coordinate all processes to ensure that those processes progress smoothly for users and developers/vendors, as well as for external parties such as industrial parties, internal legal parties, auditors, and the compliance division in the Bank. Job Requirements
What you should have:
· A Bachelor's Degree.
· A Master of Business Administration degree will be preferable.
· 8-10 years of experience within banking business / operations and accounting / financial planning with an intimate knowledge of related banking systems.
· 10-12 years of experience with IT system implementation projects in a managerial / leadership position such as PM /PMO and team leader.
· PMP or equivalent project management certificate will be an advantage.
· Prior experience in program management for IT system implementation will be an advantage.
· Prior experience in the IT system implementation project as a business side in a managerial / leadership position will be an advantage.
· Prior experience to IT system development and control, and operations in a managerial / leadership position will be an advantage.
· Experience in the support and management of Head Office and Overseas Systems will be an advantage.
· Experience and knowledge about IT budget planning and control including negotiation with relevant parties will be an advantage.
· Experience and knowledge about Package system implementation will be an advantage.
· Good problem-solving skills and the ability to acquire consensus among stakeholders.
· Business-level proficiency in both English and Japanese as the incumbent is expected to read & understand documents as well as respond & communicate in these two languages. The project is Head Office driven so it is more likely to be based on Japanese. Japanese-Language Proficiency Test N1 or equivalent level of proficiency will be an advantage.