Senior Vice President - Information Architect
- Citi's APAC & EMEA Consumer Bank Engineering and Architecture(E&A) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the GCT E&A include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; collaboration and execution with development operations (devops) strategy and operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI
- Data and Information Architecture will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail/Wealth, Cards/Customer and Lending/Utilities, Risk and Payments focusing on Processing using standard exposition.
- The person starting in this role will be a Senior Architect responsible for the Data & Information domain across APAC & EMEA Retail/Wealth, Credit Cards and Lending lines of businesses and architecting linkages with other sectors. The selected candidate will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Senior Architect is expected to develop market insight, perform competitive assessments, understand and inform business and technology strategy, document the reference architecture and maintain a roadmap of capability that align with Business drivers and investments. The Senior Architect will have a strategic view for their domain while influencing other investment decisions and drive execution of the roadmap pertaining to Data and Analytics Domain
Job Background/ Content:
- Citi is committed to achieving and maintaining high quality data and to enabling Citi to continue to operate in a safe and sound manner. Data lies at the core of the business and it is a critical asset underlying Citi's businesses and strategic decisions.
- As a Global Systemically Important Bank and a Domestic Systemically Important Bank in various jurisdictions, Citi must comply with regulatory requirements and expectations related to sound data management practices such as, but not limited to, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Heightened Standards (12 CFR Part 30, Principles for Effective Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS 239)), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and other applicable regulatory guidance.
- Citi's Data Strategy is focused on building a business data architecture, a Data Quality framework and a systems infrastructure that generate accurate, complete, and timely information in the form of Key Reports (risk, financial, regulatory and management reports) to enable decisions during business-as-usual operations and ad hoc analysis in times of stress.
- Having good quality data enables us to drive our business and, more importantly, deliver the best for our clients. To support this need, Citi has launched the Data Quality Program to enhance Citi's approach to Data ownership, culture, quality and architecture and implement Citi's strategy for Data Architecture and System Infrastructure.
- Refreshed annually, the Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP) underwent a major change to support the Data Quality Program, representing the implementation of Citi's data strategy for risk management and regulatory and financial information, meeting Management and Board expectations for supervisory standards. It sets the framework to improve the data architecture, data quality framework, and systems infrastructure to generate accurate, complete, and timely information and reports.
- As part of the continued focus on data management and quality, the Information Architecture function is a strategic role that is responsible for establishing and executing a robust and regionally consistent Data & Information Architecture framework with a high level of standardization across APAC and EMEA and instituting a rigorous architectural governance and oversight process across 17 countries in APAC and EMEA, in partnership with the Data Custodians, Data Stewards & Business Process Owners (e.g., system lineage, mapping data elements and concepts, maintenance of data quality rules and controls).
This role reports to the APAC / EMEA Regional Data and Information Architecture Head.
- Analyze current state architecture, conduct gap analyses to determine target state architecture. Build out a technology roadmap as per Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP) to support Data Quality Program & drive the implementation of GCB's Data Strategy.
- Lead & participate in data architecture management & design review committee that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization.
- Provide guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Data and Analytics roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Support situations in which end user consultation is required to identify system function specifications and incorporate them into overall system design and delivery. Additionally, utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas within technology to achieve technological objectives.
- Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain commonalities. Drive design reviews for Data Architecture enhancement projects, supporting design principles and best practices.
- Maintain domain Level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Have an independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by other senior members of the team. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the client organization. During team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs, Application & Business managers to determine potential risks to the design.
- Communicate effectively risks to relevant stake holders, so that they can make informed decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. Citi Engineering) in the development of the reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Assist in managing the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Develop talent in Data and Information Architecture team and partner organizations such as engineering and delivery teams; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of Engineering and Architecture responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
Required Experience & Technical skills:
- At least 15 years of experience with strong strategic and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of Citi's Data Strategy and data quality requirements and understanding of metadata, with prior experience in implementing and maintaining Data Quality rules and controls
- Strong ability to understand the purpose of Products and processes in terms of the greater context of the business, what data is being captured and experience in coordinating with stakeholders to drive changes relating to issue resolution, controls and Data Quality
- Good understanding of Citi's technical infrastructure and experience with tools and applications including process mapping and lineage toolsets
- Strong ability to understand discrete process steps and data flow, and determine source of remediation to address Data Quality issues
- Good understanding of operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Strong stakeholder management skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation)
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver tasks effectively
- Experience in leading and delivery of Kafka/Hadoop based platforms
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles
Successful candidate will possess the following leadership/personal qualities:
- Be creative, energetic and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience
- Be an intelligent risk taker, someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries and seeks win-win outcomes
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of Citi
- Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balancing strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight, experience and technology capability from current and potential partner organizations.
- Be disciplined in execution; retaining tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance; ensuring commitments are understood and met.
- Be an outstanding leader of people able to create a compelling vision and deeply engage, inspire and motivate people to achieve beyond their own expectations.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Architecture Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting