About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Collaborate in an agile, multi-disciplinary team
- Operate in a DevOps delivery model
- Translate requirements into workable systems, using best practice solutions
People and Talent
- Build and unit test the required functionality
- Participate in end-to-end testing of the functionality
- Create relevant documentation
- Support and maintain the built solution
- Actively listens, respecting others point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input whilst demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal and presentational) appropriate for both a Business and Technical audience, clarifying own understanding and that of others
- Interact with stakeholders to understand and develop the high-level approach and goals
- Work with stakeholders to design an appropriate data architecture and technical process flow
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow tool
- Maintain the integrity of the ServiceNow tool across production and non-production environments, including:
- Manage systems changes through established change request process &provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
- Assisting in troubleshooting patch / release management issues
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Enterprise Technology (ET) ServiceNow COE to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidat e
- Global - ITSM/ITOM; GRC; Finance; Legal; HR
Obtained Any of the Following Training:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering. Major in Software Development/Engineering
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering . Major in Software Development/Engineering
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Scripting/programming skills
- Eager to learn new products and technology
- Good communication skills: written and spoken
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC)
- Understanding of Agile Methodology
- Understanding of ITIL (optional)
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers