Shareholder Svcs & Fund Development Sr Associate
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: The Team
The Funds Asia ex Japan team is located in offices across Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan and manages Shareholder Services, Fund Development and Fund Statistics that support the distribution of PIMCO Funds in Asia (ex Japan). The Role
This role of Shareholder Services & Fund Development Senior Associate will focus on the below two key areas of the team, working with local PIMCO teams / investors and the Funds EMEA group. Shareholder Services
Investors in Asia are able to gain exposure to PIMCO funds via the PIMCO Global Investor Series Plc (Irish domiciled UCITS) offered to investors across Asia with registrations in multiple countries.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with the outsourced Transfer Agent to manage investor on boarding and resolution of any escalated queries including AML / KYC validations for all Asian investors across Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Working with the internal account managers to manage expectations and outcomes for clients across Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Monitor and track investor queries between Asia and EMEA teams to ensure these are resolved in a timely manner for local clients.
- Implementation of the PIMCO vendor management framework to oversee performance of the transfer agent, including regular service quality forums, key performance indicator tracking and ongoing due diligence
- Oversight of the team processes around establishment and ongoing maintenance of distributor trailer fees and involvement in periodic auditing trailer set up
The distribution model for PIMCO in Asia requires that funds, sub funds and share classes of the PIMCO Global Investor Series are registered and offered in multiple countries, each with different market dynamics and regulatory requirements. The funds development team works closely with product strategy and other teams across APAC and EMEA to ensure that the funds offered in region align to the strategic plans for the business. The primary responsible of this role includes:
- Manage requests for new share classes including coronation with the global Fund teams for required fund governance, regulatory requirements and update of fund documentation (including regional supplements)
- Manage requests for funds / share class registration in countries across region as determined by business demand and working across teams to coordinate with local regulators
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in a Business (Finance, accounting or related disciple preferred)
- 5 â€" 7 yearsâ€™ experience in Financial Services in fund administration, shareholder services, transfer agency, or vendor oversight within an asset management firm or outsourced service provider is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of the structure and operational processes related to managed funds essential
- Strong English skills in both written and oral form essential
- Strong Chinese fluency (Cantonese and Mandarin) beneficial
- Strong analytic approach and problem solving skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively across different business stakeholders and with clients is essential
- Well organized and able to manage / prioritize competing deadlines
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications with advance experience in excel
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family.