Singapore Branch Operations, Cash Client Processing, Operations Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Singapore Branch Operations team will provide trade support across the Institutional product range (Cash Equity and Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income Derivatives and Commodities) as well as client processing for Cash Equity and CCP Margin and Regulatory Reporting for Listed Derivatives. Additionally the team will be responsible for supervision of Operations activities outsourced to other in-house affiliates or third party vendors.
The candidate will join the Singapore Cash Client Processing (CCP) team and will be responsible for supporting all client-related activities from the point of trading through to settlement, including trade allocation, trade confirmation, prematching, fails management and customer query resolution. The role will also involve resolving/ escalating client queries and issues, in conjunction with the regional Client Relationship Management team. The objective is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit and Operations Management to address key internal and client issues and manage risk. The CCP team always seeks to respond rapidly to clients' needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment, which demands high performance from the individuals in the team. Clients have a named point of contact within Morgan Stanley, who can respond effectively to their queries.
The individual will report to the team manager based in Singapore and will also work very closely with the CCP teams in the region.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting Morgan Stanley's clients and other MS business divisions to provide a wide range of support related to post-trade execution and settlement process
- Maintaining effective risk controls over clients' trading activities, and review internal risk and exception reports
- Be client-centric and maintaining a good relationship with various departments both regionally and globally
- Ensuring business processing is in compliance with Firm policy/procedure
- Looking for process or system improvements to increase capacity and mitigate risk
- Providing back up support and coverage for other functional teams in Singapore Asia Branch Operations
- University degree with 2+ years of experience in an Operation role
- Experience with global investment bank, with equity product knowledge and client service experience an advantage
- Experience in dealing with sales / traders and clients
- High personal commitment and integrity
- Good understanding of products, business and operational knowledge
- Good communication and organizational skills, able to interact and work effectively across functional/locations;
- Detail oriented with strong risk awareness and able to perform operational responsibilities to a consistently high standard;