Singapore Branch Operations, Trade Support, Team Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 19
See job description for details
Trade Support – Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Singapore Branch Operations team will provide trade support across the Institutional product range (Cash Equity and Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income Derivatives and Commodities) as well as client processing for Cash Equity and CCP Margin and Regulatory Reporting for Listed Derivatives. Additionally the team will be responsible for supervision of Operations activities outsourced to other in-house affiliates or third party vendors.
The candidate will be a Commodities subject matter expert in the Singapore Trade Support (TSG) team responsible for the trade capturing, processing of trade lifecycle events, reconciling, monitoring and resolving of trade exceptions. Product coverage includes Commodities, Equity and Fixed Income Cash, Equity and Fixed Income Derivatives. The role will also involve resolving / escalating trade related queries and issues, in conjunction with the regional trade support team. The individual will engage directly with the sales and trading desks based in Singapore
The individual will report locally to the team lead in Singapore, and globally to the Head of Commodities Operations for Commodities related support functions. He / She will also work very closely with the TSG teams in the region.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead for the Commodities trade support in Singapore
- Ensure local function is run in line with global standards and best practices. Align to global procedures while keeping local nuances in context
- Ensure timely and accurate trade capture and checkout, resolutions of trade discrepancies with counterparties by liaising with trading, sales and relevant teams
- Monitoring and processing trade lifecycle events
- Control, reconcile, and resolve the trade processing exceptions
- Working with technology and global functional lead for implementation of new processing platforms and system enhancements
- Working with legal/compliance, IT and project teams to analyze new regulatory reform requirements and deploy new processes
- Performing and enhancing daily control processes for regulatory reporting to local regulators
- Providing back up support and coverage for other functional teams in Singapore Asia Branch Operations
- Develop, Manage and Report risk issues, KPIs/KRIs
- Participate and contribute to global initiatives budget exercises as well as raise local requirements
- University degree with 5+ years of experience in an Operation role
- Experience with global investment bank, with Commodities trade support experience
- Trade support experience for other products will be an added advantage
- Solid experience in dealing with sales / traders and clients
- High personal commitment and integrity
- Solid understanding of products, business and operational knowledge
- Good communication and organizational skills, able to interact and work effectively across functional/locations;
- Detail oriented with strong risk awareness and able to perform operational responsibilities to a consistently high standard;
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to put forward new ideas, drive new initiatives and achieve important deliverables