Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Specialist, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at DBS combines software and systems engineering to build run, and maintain high performant, distributed, fault tolerant and resilient financial systems. Site Reliability Engineers focus on ensuring a joyful customer journey. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated, fault tolerant and designed to scale. You will collaborate and work closely with engineering teams to continually improve our production services, facilitating fast delivery of new products, and reducing downtime. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive Site Reliability Engineering agenda to improve availability, reliability, and performance of services
- Drive observability for our applications.
- Drive optimise operate initiative, example, reduction of operation toil
- Work with application teams in setting up SLI, SLO and Error budget for their applications
- Work with enterprise team in deploying SRE enablers/initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 years technology experience (preferably in the financial industry)
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java Script, Java and Python.
- Experience with APM system as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, Dynatrace and AppDynamics, etc
- Understands key SRE concepts such as Toil, SLI, SLO, Error Budgets, MTTD, MTTR, etc
- Strong, committed, and reliable team player, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with other technology teams through day to day support and project work
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.