Software Developer -Liro Curves
Software Developer- Singapore
As a Barclays Front Office Technology Developer, you will be delivering features and support for new and existing product offerings for the Asia and Global Macro businesses. This will primarily involve development using C++, MS-SQL, C# , other scripting languages and custom development tools. . You'll also spend time on configuration work, troubleshooting live issues, translating business needs into technical requirements, discussing requirements and prototyping solutions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Designing and developing code using C++, MS-SQL, and custom development tools
- Providing well designed tests to exercise new behaviors and check regressions
- Identifying improvements to the production stack
- Participating in discussions with business users
- Conducting analysis on products and pricing methodologies, writing coherent specifications, and translating business needs into technical requirements
- Participating in the support rota - providing development support to business users
- For what we need to give the candidate some knowledge of what they will be working on
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of derivatives pricing and risk
- Good oral and written communication, as well as being a confident and articulate self starter
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver projects and excellent time management
- Quick learner and a flexible team player who is prepared to multi task in a fast paced environment
Where will you be working?
- Excellent C++ (Boost, STL) and MS-SQL experience/skills
- Good knowledge of fixed income products especially Swaps
- Confident working with .NET and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Ability to do prototyping and analysis in Excel + quantitative libraries
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.