Software Development Manager
Visa Resolve Online (VROL) is a web-based application that enforces the rules and workflow of disputes for Visa Clients. VROL is a mandated service that is crucial to the Visa brand promise of providing secure and reliable payment services. The system ensures that cardholders, merchants, and financial institutions have a clear dispute process, and makes resolution of disputed transactions fast and easy.
As a hands-on Software Development Manager of the VROL Development Team in Singapore, you will:
- Understand business domain, analyze requirements, evaluate options and participate in scoping and sizing activities
- Communicate and Collaborate with Requirements & Analysis group, QA team and Production Support team to ensure project alignment
- Provide guidance to development teams and ensure good quality of design and code through periodic technical reviews, functional coverage reviews etc.
- Hire, train, coach and grow a high-performing talented team of Software engineers
- Drive CI/CD initiatives and incorporate productivity tools into development lifecycle
- Work Collaboratively with peers to manage dependencies and resolve operational issues
- Leverage industry trends to shape feasible functional/technical solutions and process improvements
- Identify and propose new ideas, drive consensus and lead technology upgrade initiatives
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- 2-3 years of experience in leading/managing small teams
- Strong experience as a developer prior to management roles
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, SCM tools and CI/CD pipeline
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way
- High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is desirable