Software Engineer - Operations Engineering Resiliency
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our quant trading clients increasingly require high throughput straight through processing systems handling large amounts of data, which is driving a re-architecture of our current platforms. The Post-Trade Resiliency team is looking for software developers who can deliver technology solutions to monitor, analyze, identify and uplift areas where we can improve and optimize the technology-driven services we provide for these clients. Clients score and rank us, along with other brokers, on the level, performance, and reliability of the services we provide to them. The allocate business across their brokers according to these ranks. Thus, the work that we do is a direct part of the commercial client revenue equation.
We are a highly innovative team building software to collect, normalize, link, and analyze large diverse data-sets in order to determine client service levels. Our remit is broad, covering front-to-back trade flows through hundreds of distinct and complex system components. This role will enable you to grow technical and functional depth and expertise, and you will be working closely with experts from across the firm. Your will have direct exposure to the business, and employ sophisticated statistical techniques to analyze client service levels. You will also have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of products and services across our Global Markets division.
The technologies we use are broad, with our technology stack consisting of at least Java, SQL, and Slang (an in-house language similar to Python). We are building large scale analytic systems operating on datasets of millions of trades and positions and distributing information used for decision-making to stakeholders. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and business flows, and apply the best software development practices will be key to your success in this role.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in the design, development, testing, roll out and documentation of our systems.
- Work closely with business users and other developers globally.
- Understand the business domain and requirements.
- Instrument and ingest large sets of analytic data from front-to-back systems across asset classes.
- Employ sophisticated data-mining and statistical analysis techniques
- Present and make available results of analyses to drive business decision-making.
- Work in a highly innovative technical team with plenty of opportunity to improve and grow your technical skills.
- See your changes directly impact the business.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Professional experience in coding and OO design - Java, Python, C, or C++,
- Experience in relational or NoSql databases.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Strong technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large data-set and employ statistical analysis techniques
- Experience with electronic trading businesses
- Experience working with key production large-scale low-latency distributed systems.
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications