What is BlockFi?
BlockFi's mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We're a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen! About the Team
Do you enjoy maintaining highly available platform services and have a proven experience driving technical decisions with understanding how such changes can impact the clients and the internal applications teams? If so, this is an opportunity you would not want to miss shaping the future of...
Come join our team and help us pioneer while building deep organizational relationships along the way. The SRE team manages all aspects of our production platform and ensures any new services are performant and reliable when run in production environments. You'll work closely with the Development teams and the Infrastructure teams to optimize services and facilitate incident response as a part of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) function. The ability to build a solid working relationship with our core product engineering team and others including compliance and legal is a must. Your Mission
As a Software Engineer in SRE, you will lead the development of features and mid-sized projects, identify and define problems, design and implement technical solutions, and mentor and teach more junior engineers. We are looking for proactive, collaborative, and adaptive engineers who have real world distributed systems experience at scale.
- Work with diverse stakeholders to ensure our systems are built for availability, reliability, resilience, scalability, performance, and security from the ground up.
- Write design proposals and review proposals from other engineers. Ensure tradeoffs are clearly and publicly documented, and that designs are aligned with business goals.
- Deliver and Own Solutions:
- Responsible for creating and executing on plans and designs end to end: estimating, prototyping, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document both functional and quality attribute requirements.
- Adhere to quality standards through cross-team communication, mentoring, code review, and backlog grooming.
- Accountable for system availability and monitoring system health; ensure alerts, metrics, and runbooks are in place; and debug issues in production.
- Quickly learn new tools and technologies, develop an understanding of existing systems, and identify and tackle high impact work.
- Proactively seek to learn about the company, products, processes, and culture. Align technical decisions with business goals.
- Technical Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a SRE/DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of managing a production network.
- Ability to architect and deploy cloud native solutions at scale in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of using and configuring IAM, AWS Organizations, CloudFormation, AWS CDK, and Pulumi.
- Technical proficiency in networking, security, and encryption related services in AWS
- Strong programming background in Python or similar high level language
- Technical Ownership: You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products. You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools.
- Communication: You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication when sharing ideas or opinions.
- Collaboration: You're able to build relationships within your team and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed. Always seeks out feedback on technical designs, solutions, and code.
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: You are looking at the big picture, you observe and improve your team's work. You are interested in the team's success as a whole, not just personal success.
- Adaptive: Ability and motivation to quickly learn new languages, technologies and tools. Pragmatic bias toward outcomes, and technical decisions that solve real business problems.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand