Software Engineering Test Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- As an Automation Lead you are primary responsible for developing and maintaining test scripts for testing digibank mobile applications
- Overall responsibility for implementation of Test Automation for Digital Projects using open source tools like Appium
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test automation assets for our Android, iOS applications and micro services
- Contribute towards continuous improvement and enhancement of Automation Frameworks
- Mentor the team in case of any blockers (technical or functional) while scripting /execution
- Maintain Regression Suite and facilitate execution on demand with quick turn around time
- Develop jobs to run automation tests via Jenkins and facilitate CI/CD Implementation
- Run profiling tests as part of the pipeline
- Advocate the quality culture in cross-functional teams and make sure that the best practices are followed.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, for our Android and iOS applications and REST API
- Establish testing as an integral part of the development process within cross-functional teams
- Develop maintainable automated checks in collaboration with our development teams
- Proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
- Find and report bugs and follow up on their resolution
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Assess and bring improvements to the quality of our applications and services
- Experience in leading complex large-scale testing projects
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Mobile Automation testing.
- 8+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- Experienced in building and leading high-performance test teams
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, test tools, and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience in API testing and automation frameworks.
- You should know how to work with Jira, TestRail, Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Experience with at the following technologies: Jbehave, Cucumber, Appium, Selenium, XCode UI Automation, Espresso, (mobile testing tools and frameworks).
- Experience with basic UNIX commands and working knowledge on LINUX flavor.
- Hands-on experience tool like and SOAP UI, REST API.
- You should have working knowledge on Bit Bucket etc. (Anything apart from BitBucket are good to have).
- You should know how to view quality holistically and ensure the highest software quality
Tech Skill Sets
- At least 5 years of working experience(s) preferably Mobile Banking solutions
- Strong knowledge on Appium, Selenium, JUNIT.
- Good experience in developing complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of SOAP UI and web service testing is a plus.
- Expertise in Agile tools like Jira, Zephyr.
- Strong knowledge on Jira addons like "Better Excel Exporter for Jira", "Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA", "JSU - Suite Utilities for Jira etc.".
- Knowledge of basic UNIX Commands and ability to work with Linux flavor.
- GIT commands and their usage.
Tech Skills Preferred
- Network De-Bugging and Test Automation Tools
- Java, SQL, UNIX.
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC and STLC practices and procedures.
- Ability to work along with team distributed across locations
- Strong sense of ownership for assigned projects
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- Able to articulate well on solution(s)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.