About us: Comtel - A quess company (Quess is now ranked 50th among the top 100 global staffing firms). Please visit our website for more information: www.comtel-solutions.com Description We are looking for a candidate who is responsible to provide technology leadership and direction across the full lifecycle of applications projects from planning through implementation as an solution architect for one of our BFSI client. The candidate will also be expected to stay in touch with latest web and mobile technology trends, as well as having strong opinions about how systems should be engineered.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture Team on solution reviews
- Collaborate with relevant application teams for cross-system integrations
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and identify the probable benefits and opportunities.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Monitors and manages the production support to ensure incidents and problems are managed within set SLAs
- Lead the development team (internal and external) to deliver Investment application projects and major initiatives
- Ensure application development adhered to software development life cycle process and standards
- Provide strong leadership, supervision and guidance to the development teams to develop their design and software engineering capabilities, and capabilities to manage both internal and outsourced software engineering resources
- At least 10+ years of Application Development and Management experience, preferably in financial services industry and insurance in particular. Candidates with lesser experience can be considered for junior level architect role.
- At least 5 years of Outsourcing, Vendor and Contract management experience
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models (both Waterfall and Agile) as well as expert
- knowledge of in project management principles and practices
- Domain knowledge in Investment and/or Insurance is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong advocate of standards and challenge status quo with new and emerging technology to address new business challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Application knowledge on Eagle Investment System, Factset, and Bloomberg is an advantage
- Proficient with latest J2ee, mobile, cloud, devops, react / angular js, etc
Interested candidates are requested to forward their cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org.