The Cloud Engineering and Services (CES) division is a diverse team focused on modernizing DBS' technology delivery methods and platforms to enable the bank and compete in the Digital Economy on Cloud. Our vision is to enable business teams to explore and implement solutions in record time, securely, with no customer disruption and no operations. Inspired by the GAFA and Fintech companies, as well as other emerging technologies,we develop enterprise grade solutions for consumption by business and technology units.
The CES department is responsible for defining and ensuring the execution of the roadmaps related to the firm ' s global cloud platforms. Mission
The public cloud department of the CES team owns, develops, and supports the public cloud strategy of the bank. This strategy is enabled by a truly cloud native public adoption tool, called Evolve which offers a unique way to onboard public cloud through a directive approach to cloud architecture. The platform covers directive, preventive and detective controls and achieves agility for the users of the platform.
Within the Enablement team, the Solution Delivery Engineering team is a team of versatile full stack developers providing solutions to facilitate public cloud adoption, regrouped under the name of Service Portal. Interfacing with Evolve and other tools within the bank, the Service Portal is developed on public cloud using Evolve and following the agile methodology.
The Service Portal scope includes portals and back-end applications covering several objectives such as Multi-Cloud application onboarding, application deployment and management, application and data governance and compliance, policy automation, user self-service and monitoring interfaces. Therefore the solution delivery team looks at the various processes within the bank that the different stakeholders need to go through, clarifies, designs, implements and operates solutions that will achieve both low/no operation and compliance by design objectives.
As the Solution Delivery head, you are responsible for engaging all the various users and stakeholders of the platform, which include other teams from CES, for example engineering, product, architecture and risk teams, or from other entities and departments like business technology, information security, data governance, risk, finance teams etc. You are also responsible for the whole lifecycle of the Service Portal. You make sure that the solutions design and implementation meet the agility, security and compliance requirements of the bank as well as the expectations of the users. You continuously take and give feedback improve the system through projects, enhancements, and fixes. About the Role
The solution delivery head leads by example, guides, mentors and develops a team of software developers and instil best practices concerning:
- Efficient, secure, and testable code
- Concise clear and precise documentation
- Design for scale, quality availability and supportability
- Extensible and flexible code
The role is for an experienced hands-on full stack developer that has either fundamental understanding or a deep interest in public cloud or experience with infrastructure automation and portal development. A deeply experienced software developer that has intimate knowledge of the nuances of multiple languages and frameworks with very good mentorship and team development abilities. The product portfolio includes portals and associated backends that deliver:
- Multi cloud application onboarding
- Public cloud Deployment management and visibility
- Compliance, operations, security, and cost governance visibility
- Automated infrastructure intervention workflows
- Firewall and policy automation portals
- Other public cloud management related functionality as required
Lead and mentor and contribute to direct execution of software development:
Key Skills and Experience
- This is a hands-on role where the developer lead by example earns the trust and respect of the team by delivering functionality and tending to operational exigencies that may arise.
- Code development, product strategy and integration with the DBS public cloud deployment pipeline and the public cloud services
- Advocate for the customers via the implementation of easy-to-use features and healthy roadmap to solve real customer problems
- Mentor on design process, instil SRE philosophy into development practices
- Develop web application using technologies such as Angular, Java / Spring core and docker to be deployed on AWS & Google Cloud, using microservices as the software architecture pattern with freedom to choose the technology for each problem. e.g. EKS, ECS, Lambda, API gateway or, load balanced EC2.
- Ensure secure coding and existing software development lifecycle guidelines and standards are met
- Participate in daily agile stand-up scrum meeting and sprint planning and prioritization
- Proven recent experience in multi-tiered application development, and familiarity with design considerations such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), performance, scalability, re-usability, and flexibility
- 8+ years of experience in designing and developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive, and user-friendly
- 5+ years of professional enterprise software development experience of in any of the following: Java, Spring, Python, Node, Go, C/C++
- Command of web technology fundamentals HTTP, Websockets, Content Distribution, WAF, REST, JSON, YAML, CORS, Session/ cookies, SAML, OAuth
- Production experience and general knowledge of common persistent stores such as SQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- General knowledge of infrastructure components, TCP/IP, DNS, ICMP, PKI, TLS
- Good knowledge In Architectural Pattern such as MVC, DAO, and Design Patterns such as AOP, Facade, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development and Test Automation using GIT, Maven and best CI/CD practices Junit, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Experience working under Agile methodology