About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Process and Compliance
- Assist in managing and coordinating project deliverables and activities.
- Manage and coordinate dependencies, risks, issues to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage the communication channels and relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all stakeholders are sufficiently briefed.
- Contribute to the management, monitoring and delivery of remediation action plans and outcomes where needed, in line with expectations / requirements.
- Perform functional and technical Infrastructure review activities as per engagement in the project.
- Identify the Automation opportunities and define the approach.
- Identify test environment requirements and liaise (and coordinate) with teams.
- Conduct periodic reviews and inspections of project deliverables and provide feedback.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project.
Customer and Service Focus
- Good understanding and able to apply processes laid down within the team, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Comply with the software management practices and policies.
- Provide technical expertise in Automation, Infra Methodologies, Admin Processes, Development best practises, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to Infrastructural changes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Able to manage multiple projects whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
Bachelor /Masters Degree (Maths/Statistics/Quantitative/Business or other relevant degree) or equivalent business experience. Strong knowledge of IT principles and system development lifecycle. Sound statistical knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills are desirable.
- Hands on & Consulting Skills on Hadoop Automation Framework
- Hands on experience in Hadoop Admin and Architecture.
- Sound statistical knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills are desirable.
- Hands-on experience on Big data technologies (Hortonworks HDP, Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper and HBase, Oozie, Spark, Ni-Fi, Kafka, Snap logic, AWS, Red shift).
- Have experience with monitoring tools.
- Development capabilities using python, spark, sas, R languages.
- Good management and analytical skill
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of and experience in projects (e.g. SDLC, Agile methodology)
- Designed and implementation ETL pipelines using Apache Spark, Hive, Snowflake Structured Streaming and Python for processing event stream data.
- Hands on experience in Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop etc)
- Performance Tuning of Apache Spark and
- Hadoop YARN.
- Experience with Java programming
- Provide oversight and guidance to Hadoop team
- Ability to debug & write / modify Pig. Hive, Sqoop codes
- Ability to debug & write / modify Shell script/Python
- Very good understanding of Big Data eco-system
- Candidate should also have good knowledge of Big Data architecture patterns, design patterns, estimation techniques, performance tuning and trouble shooting
- Willing to work on-call support over weekends
- Liaise with multiple application teams & co-ordinate for issue resolution
- Good analytical & interaction skills
- Continuous monitoring and managing the Hadoop cluster.
- A good understanding of IFRS9 Risk and compliance would be highly beneficial
- Hadoop Certification
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.