The Role Responsibilities
Shaping behaviours and culture through protecting the Bank against employee-related risk by
Execution of the ER agenda in line with Group strategy
- Ensuring that the relationship between the Bank and its employees is managed appropriately within the Group ER underpinned by clear procedures, policies and ultimately by relevant employment law.
- Providing leadership to the ER product suite in the country e.g., disciplinary management, grievance management, redundancy, performance improvement planning.
- Effectively managing key external stakeholder relationships with employee representative bodies, legal firms and local labour ministries (where relevant locally).
Translation of country legislation and regulation into pragmatic actions for country/regional teams
- Executing the country ER strategy in alignment with the global ER strategy, country business needs and the HR collective agenda in Singapore.
- Accountable for ensuring all ER products are delivered effectively in Singapore in line with Group policies and local law and legislation.
- Effective management of employee representative bodies (e.g., works councils, unions etc.) e.g., effective CBA negotiation (where applicable).
- Support HRBPs and People Leaders with restructuring and redundancy projects and provide advice on complex / high risk redundancy situations.
- Provide suitable insights into employee engagement levels to the Country Head of HR, Country/Regional Management Groups (C/RMGs).
- Support the execution of a performance-driven culture in businesses in Singapore.
Defining and managing employee-related risk
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Collaborate with Employment Law and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice and decision on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country.
Education/Training of HR and Line Managers
- Identify, assess, and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdictions, together with employee trends to anticipate and minimise employee related risks.
- Oversight and management of any relevant country Group Policy and process dispensations.
- Lead the resolution of complex disciplinary and grievance cases that create significant risk to the Bank.
- Proactively educate and update HRBPs and People Leaders on ER processes and recent employment law legislative changes and developments.
- Provide relevant advice and guidance to HRBPs and People Leaders in relation to ER issues and products.
- Country Management Groups
- Regional ER team
- Country HRBPs/ Head of HR
- HR Legal and Compliance
- Country Financial Crime Risk
- Regional / Country PRB (Performance, Reward and Benefits)
- Country / Regional SIS
Our Ideal Candidate
- Employee Representative Bodies
- Employment/Labour government departments
- Legal firms
- Role model and champion the Bank's values and behaviours.
- ER specialist/HRBP with overall 6+ years of experience.
- An appreciation of the local legislative and regulatory landscape.
- Strong networker and organizational influencer.
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- University Graduate, strong written and oral communications.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Experience in a Bank or Financial Institution
About Standard Chartered
- Organisational Change Management
- HR Legal and Regulatory environment
- Employee Relations
- HR consulting
- Confidential investigations
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers