Want to push the boundaries of traditional technology, finance and operations? At nexus, courage is a defining trait for all team members. Courage to challenge the status quo, to do better, to deliver against the grain and to achieve spectacular results in massive ambiguity. We want to change how ecosystems interact and only have the blueprint for the baby steps - come join us to build out the rest of it! The idea is to do amazing things and have a lot of fun while doing it.
Standard Chartered nexus is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to define, implement and run the Data platforms and analytics for an online banking project.
What will you be doing:
- Choosing the right technologies for our use cases, deploy and operate.
- Setting up Data stores structured, semi structured and non-structured.
- Secure data at rest via encryption
- Implement tool to access securely multiple data sources
- Implement solutions to run real-time analytics
- Use container technologies
- Design and implement replications strategies for an active/active data center layout
- Design and implement backup and recovery strategy
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years' experience on distributed datastores and distributed computation
- Experience in a few of the followings: Elastic Search, Cassandra, Hadoop, Mongo DB
- Experience in either Scala or Java (Python is a plus)
- Experience in Spark and Presto or Trino
- Experience with microservice based architectures
- Experience on Kubernetes
- Experience with using NoSQL is a big plus
- Experience of Unix/Linux environments is plus
- Experience of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
- Cloud knowledge a big plus (AWS/GCP) - (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
About Standard Chartered nexus
Standard Chartered nexus is a white label plug-and-play banking solution powered by Standard Chartered Bank. We take pride in redefining how we bank customers globally by digitally marrying ecosystems to banks. Our Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) solution is the gateway that enables convenient access to financial services. We believe in challenging the status quo and thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions. Let's shape the future of banking together.
The Standard Chartered nexus family is made up of a bunch of fun, hardworking and results-oriented individuals. Most importantly, nexaurs value teamwork, and we champion a respectful, open and trusting work environment. If you are interested to be part of the team in re-wiring the DNA of banking, join us today. #YesWeCanLAH
Find out more about nexus and what we do at http://sc.com/scnexus