Steel Trading Manager
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international raw materials trading company seeking two steel trading managers focused on the Asian or European markets respectively to be based in their offices either in Singapore or Geneva. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for physical international trading of steel from China, Japan and India to the international steel market, focusing on Asia (Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand) and Western Europe (France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium) respectively
- Negotiating and processing the term contracts for the international supply of flat/long steel products (slabs, HRC, CRC, tinplate, rods, rails, bars etc)
- Establishing new and build upon the company's existing relationships with suppliers and customers
- Using market analysis and risk analysis to identify new business opportunities
- Reports to Head of Trading
- Ten plus years of experience in steel trading, including technical understanding focused on flat and long steel production
- Desire to create a team to develop together
- Can transfer book of business
- Full proficiency in English, and knowledge of other relevant languages (Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian, German, French, Italian etc.) as a benefit
- Willing to relocate to Zug or Singapore as appropriate
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Commodity Search ltd works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.