Responsibilities People & Talent
- For ESG domain, translate business strategy into an executable roadmap. Perform architecture impact assessment during the concept ideation and business case development to ensure minimum architecture requirements are considered and included in business case.
- Develop end-to-end use case solution architecture for initiatives, aligned to bank's regulatory requirements, business objectives and driving technology simplification to meet bank's objective on Sustainability domain (Environment, Social and Governance).
- Good understanding of sustainability domain, industry best practices, Carbon footprint calculations, scenario modelling, and its application in banks across Scope 1, 2 and 3 domains, Net Zero, Carbon Neutral commitment, finance emissions etc.
- Leverage industry-wide best practices on sustainability while developing the solutions.
- Create solutions that incorporate architectural best practices for hybrid (cloud and on-prem) and cloud environments.
- Leverage big data, data science technologies for the architecture creation.
- Develop ESG solution architecture that incorporates tools and technologies for Data Mesh, AI/ML (such as Databricks, Cloudera), end-to-end data management lifecycle (e.g. using metadata management), SPARK, SQL, data modelling, responsible AI, data privacy, data integration/ingestion.
- Demonstrated experience with internal and external data provider solutions for ESG.
- Combine contemporary skills (e.g., AI, big data, analytics, DevOps, DevSecOps, security, networking and storage etc) with deep industry expertise, and an understanding of dedicated set of cliental businesses.
- Improve cost efficiency - drive efficiency by identifying opportunities to rationalise to a fewer best of tools which provides strategic capability and aggressively decommission redundant tools.
- Increase Engineering efficiency by creating reusable architecture/design artefacts like patterns, implementations, source code, templates.
- Create solutions aligned to bank's architectural principles.
- Implement architectural governance in a manner that involves conversation, feedback and interaction and promotes faster delivery and sustainable outcomes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Engage ESG and domain stakeholders for the creation of roadmap and its socialisation.
- Work with architecture community for the ESG interlinking to rest of bank's ecosystem.
- Provide regular updates including roadmap and architecture alignment
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Chief Sustainability Office Team
- Business Development Team
- Group & domain Data Governance Team
- Architecture and Engineering Team
- Product and Functional Partners
- Chief Data Officer's Team
- Data Platform Team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10 and more years of experience in data, sustainability, strategic architecture and solutioning.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand business needs, translate into data solution and design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and driving results.
- Excellent business analysis problem-solving skills.
- Good writing and communication skills, and experience with project management.
About Standard Chartered
- Data Architecture
- ESG Solutioning
- AI/ML Solutioning
- DevSec Ops
- ML Ops
- Data Visualisation Solutioning
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers