About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Establish and implement governance and oversight.
- Embed local regulatory requirements in to the TPRM framework.
- Establish and implement methods for assessing standards of outsourcing provider performance.
- Establish efficient and simplified processes to support appropriate governance and oversight
- Coordinate and supervise the risk assessment activity of Outsourcing Owners in the business.
- Facilitate approval by or notification to relevant governance bodies of new proposed and materially changed outsourcing arrangements.
- Provide second line of defence oversight of third-party risks, validating and/or escalating, as appropriate, third party risks in alignment with the TPRM framework and the Board-approved risk appetite.
- Ensure the respective contract owners monitor, review and mitigate risks associated with third parties in accordance with the TPRM framework
- Support the simplification of existing Cluster processes and remove duplication of effort whilst ensuring compliance to TPRM framework and adherence to related policies.
- Support the development and implementation of local TPRM Policies and Procedures in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor regulatory changes impacting outsourcing risk and ensure TPRM framework and related policies are aligned to regulatory requirements and ensure processes are aligned
- Identify process improvement initiatives and support the Cluster Head in leading process excellence
- Help drive continuous Voice of the Customer feedback to identify and mitigate stakeholder pain points
- Support the change management agenda to ensure smooth transition of process change
- Escalate any issues to TPRM Cluster Head as necessary.
- Support the Singapore Outsourcing Working Group in ensuring an effective process is in place for the governance and oversight on all in-country outsourcing arrangements.
- Contribute to the assessment of overall outsourcing risk and compliance by monitoring key risk indicators and failure trends, and exceptions identified in the due diligence process.
- Support the preparation of documentation for the Third Party Risk Management and Outsourcing related updates to the TPRM Committee and other Risk Committees/ Forums as appropriate.
- Support internal/external audit and associated regulatory audit as directed.
- Contribute to identification of issues and root cause including oversight/facilitations of third-party risk mitigation actions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Supports the TPRM Cluster Head in providing TPRM oversight
- Maintaining an accurate Outsourcing Register and Global Outsourcing Inventory for SCB Singapore
- Monitor and track cases of non-compliance with TPRM processes by stakeholders
- Review existing outsourcing arrangements' Annual Due Diligence.
- Review new and incremental outsourcing proposals' including risk assessment and risk mitigation activities.
- Perform monitoring, control, and supervision of SCB Singapore's outsourcing and non-outsourcing activities.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with Regional TPRM Governance team, SCM P&BI team and relevant transformation and process excellence teams to ensure consistency in approach and simplification and alignment of regional processes.
- Partner with stakeholders (including but not limited to Outsourcing Owners, Contract Managers, Information Security Officers, Supply Chain Management Category Managers, Business Continuity Managers, etc) to effectively coordinate and execute third party risk management controls.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ Years Experience in risk management.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree or equivalent qualifications
- Bank training; Code Of Conduct, AB&C and other mandatory learning.
- Experience in risk management.
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with tight lead times.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Good understanding of emerging outsourcing risks.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team in formulating and maintaining local TPRM strategy.
- Ability to operate in a complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders.
- Change management skills and self awareness to adopt varying approaches for different stakeholder dynamics.
- Mental tenacity and analytical mind having the ability to take on tough and complex challenges, yet remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements a plus.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers