Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive effective implementation / improvement of in-country procedures to ensure proper compliance with Singapore tax laws
- Ensure that indirect tax accounts are accurate and reported in compliance with relevant legislation and standards
- Ensure accurate and timely quarterly group tax reporting, tax forecasts of the group's effective tax rate and other reporting as required for Group reporting purposes
- Ensure indirect tax returns are accurate and submitted to the tax authority in accordance with the statutory time lines
- Assist in the managing of the external and internal indirect tax reporting/compliance
- Keep abreast with legislative / regulatory changes, including assessing and communicating the impact of such changes to the organization to relevant stakeholders
- Provide training and education on indirect tax matters to stakeholders
- Demonstrate good knowledge as a subject matter expert of indirect tax
- Ability to provide timely and feasible solutions/alternatives to address/resolve issues arising in the course of work.
- Ability to effectively manage tax (internal and external) deadlines.
- Timely identification, escalation and resolution of issues and exceptions
- Good team player and ability to establish rapport and working relationship with the various stakeholders
- Responsiveness to queries from stakeholder
- Level of queries/corrections to submitted reports.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and proficiency in data management software such as Excel