At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
This is a team lead role, and the incumbent is expected to provide guidance and supervision to the team in implementing and/or enhancing the Private Banking business processes and controls related, procedures, and processes. This is to ensure the Bank is compliant with Private Banking Controls and Regulations, and at the same time achieve continuous improvement around business risk processes.
This role reports to the Head of Front Office Risk Management, which is part of the Global Front Line Risk and Control ("FLRC") unit, with an objective to consolidate and drive the risk and control function for the 1 st line of defence.
In this role, your main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Provide operational and business risk lens to policy and procedure roll out and updates, to ensure changes are effectively embedded into the bank's processes and systems
- Participate in relevant working group discussions to determine if any updates/amendments to the existing front office procedures
- Supports the business on strategic growth objectives and client experience enhancement, while at the same time providing risk management and operational efficiency angle to the process
- Be able to independently manage, implement or enhance or re-design business risk and monitoring procedures and processes , by setting clear project plans for execution and stakeholder engagement.
- Analyse and identify gaps in existing policies and procedures, and proactively feedback to the respective policy or procedure owners to ensure continuous process & control design and improvement
- Ensure Front Office Procedures Library is managed and maintained in accordance with the FOP framework and governance
- Provide training to Front Office stakeholders on the updated procedures
- Collaborate with BAROS (Branch, Affiliate, Representative Office and Subsidiary) stakeholders and ensure global procedures and other location specific procedures are aligned and updated.
- Minimum 8 years of experience, with practical experience in Front Office processes enhancement and implementation of at least one business risk or monitoring related initiatives for a private bank
- Strong analytical and good knowledge of risk, regulatory, control and process design
- Understand business flow and process, investigate and analyze issues with attention to details
- Experience in agile and lean methodology is preferred
- Willingness to learn and embrace challenges and changes
- Able to rapidly assimilate and multi-task
- Able to work independently and guide/lead a team
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills (both oral and written). Must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with cross functional stakeholders
- Experience managing and working confidently and collaboratively across functional teams
- Good understanding of project management methodologies; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and coordinate various streams within a project and manage cross-functional project teams to deliver on time and within budget; ability to identify and drive issues to a quick resolution while balancing the needs of the business, internal stakeholders and the team; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent streams through prioritization.