Company Description Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you'll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold - to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com Job Description Your team
The team is composed of 8 members serving 2 BPaaS clients and has multiple interactions with other teams (Settlements, Securities Transfer, Corporate Action, Cost & Fees, Payments as well as Asset Master Data and Pricing) Your mission
Qualifications What you need
- Manages a series of OTC and ETD related activities to ensure that the services the team perform are in line with the SLAs defined with clients and in accordance with market standard as well as Client's policies and procedures (banking, professional and client data secrecy)
- Has a solid know-how of OTC derivatives and contributes to corporate projects supplying the functional expertise, producing results in line with budget and quality expectations. Activities may include the development and finalization of proposals meant to improve processes and products aiming to enhance the efficiency and profitability of Global Banking Operations (GBO)
- Create and foster an environment of continuous improvement within own area, being in regular contact with the team members, knowing and solving their major problems. Ensure improvement of efficiency, productivity, quality, and margins. Formalize suggestions of other team members, after having performed a complete risk assessment on them
- Perform regular meetings / workshops with responsible stakeholders (eg. Avaloq Business Engineering / Avaloq Evolution) in order to discuss possible improvements / enhancements of Avaloq modules. Keep close contact with these counterparts and read and understand technical update documents in order to constantly be aware of any planned system changes impacting the area
- Analyse all possible system bugs/defects/regressions highlighted by the teams and open the needed tickets and defects. Ensure all tickets related to the area are tested before they are implemented in production, understanding also potential impacts on other areas, and collaborating with experts of those areas during the tests
- Be the main contact person in the area for robotics, AI and control room, collect the needs of the area and collaborate closely with BO Evolution team as well as Avaloq Evolution. Be also the main contact person for Global Risk Management, performing regular reviews of the risk assessments of the area
You will get extra points for the following
- Bachelor's degree in (Banking and Finance preferred but not necessary).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in managing back-office order processing
- Solid technical know-how in the Derivatives areas preferably within Private banking / Private Wealth Management
- Good Team player with a positive attitude
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated, positive, and proactive with professional attitude
- Capable to autonomously get around in a highly challenging, fast paced, and complex environment
- Excellent Command of English
Additional Information Now let's talk about perks and compensation
- Good IT know-how ( MS-Office)
- Avaloq software know-how
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out "Success Share Units" depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone's' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language. Don't be shy - apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged. Job Location